Greeting from Texas

devilaether

Greeting from Texas

Postby devilaether » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:22 am

Hello!

I was exposed to DSA in Germany many years ago, but to my regret I did not get many chances to play it. I was impressed by the low-fantasy mood of the game and depth of world building in the game setting. Most of my experience with Aventuria afterwards was from old Amiga/MS-DOS games (Blade of Destiny, etc). A friend gave me a copy of DSA 4e as a gift some years later. Yet without a group of German-speaking RP gamers in Austin, the best I could do with it was read the book and become inspired to play those PC games again on Steam.

So when I found an English version of 5e with various accessories for sale at my local gaming store this weekend, I grabbed all I could and started reading. I was happy to see the game elements I originally found interesting are still there. Now I have a chance to introduce my regular local and Roll20 gaming groups to TDE and perhaps run Revelations From Heaven. I'm excited to have that chance.
Last edited by devilaether on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Re: Greeting from Texas

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:55 am

Welcome here!

It's nice to see that this game is often played all over the world. Especially the low-fantasy setting I find so great about this game. It is typical dirty European, I would say. :D
Last edited by Morgoth Feuerklinge on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:05 am

Hello from sunny Scotland,
it is always great to see new faces in our little community. To me it appears that the Dark Eye is slowly spreading through the US, here a game group, there a game group, and I reckon most of them won't bother coming to the forums, so from my completely ignorant standpoint it appears that the Dark Eye is doing well.

One thing which will give us a glimpse are the numbers on the Kickstarter starting on Wednesday for the stuff about the Warring Kingdom's region of Aventuria, one of my favourite parts where I am setting my next campaign.

Anyway, in this community you will find many friendly people to reminisce about the old Realms of Arcadia Computer Games, or answer questions about the game.

All the best and I hope your game group will like the game as much as you.

Lambert

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:56 am

I guess you already have played the great Drakensang games. For me it is the best DSA game yet.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:47 am

Welcome Devilaether. Nice to have so many new people aboard. Have a fun reading and playing the game ;)

P.S. And if you did not played Drakensang games, I don't know what are you waiting for :D
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

devilaether

Postby devilaether » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! As for the Drakensang games, I also bought those on Steam this weekend. Embarrassingly enough, I missed these games when they were first released.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:17 am

After years I played the 2nd Drakensang some weeks ago. It is still a very good game! In my opinion, the 2nd Drakensang is the better game. It doesn't have so annoying endlessly long dungeons.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 am

yup i have to agree. There still are some issues, especially with the add-on (i got into an unsolvable situation with no turning back, sadly, so my motivation to finish it isnt very high atm. maybe in a year or two. )

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:35 am

For those trying to save a little it's in the Steam Summer Sale.

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:43 am

Yup, and it's quite a bargain. Both Drakensangs + Phileasson's Secret for a 8,47 €
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”