Blessings to the Twelve

Shinxirus

Blessings to the Twelve

Postby Shinxirus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi everybody

Long time player from Switzerland here. I've been following the development of my favourite rpg in english for a while now, and am myself a big fan of the fith edition. I've been lurking around the forum for quite some time, and thought I'd introduce myself. If any of you have questions about Aventuria or the rules, feel free to ask :D

Lambert

Re: Blessings to the Twelve

Postby Lambert » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Welcome to club,
It is always great to see another friendly face. I love what I have read thus far of the 5th edition and I can only hope that the expansion of Ulisses US into other systems steals the focus from The Dark Eye, but that instead it grows to the point where we start catching up with German timeline a little.

May the twelve smile upon you.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Hello hello :D. But why do you use English rules if you can use instead the original German rules books?
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Shinxirus

Postby Shinxirus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:43 pm

@Morgoth
I actually do use the german rules myself, I'm merely interested in following its expansion in the english market.

@Lambert
Look at it that way: Ulisses NA taking over famous rpg systems will help them to get recnognition, which will in turn lead to more people becoming aware that TDE actually exists. So in the end it's a win win situation. Also, it's not like a company like Ulisses taking over a brand like 40k is a bad thing right? (Well except maybe for our bank accounts). Besides, if TDE ever reaches a similar monthly output of material as the german line does, then the sheer amount of new material should keep TDE at the front.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”