TDE English Resources for Newcomers

Bosper

Re: TDE English Resources for Newcomers

Postby Bosper » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:49 pm

GTStar wrote:
GTStar wrote:The German Wiki is fan made, so it is up to you :)

I will ask if we can make the wiki multilingual, like Wikipedia (where you can choosen language on the left side).

Good news: The makers of the Wiki Avenurica are already working on a multilingual support for the wiki (German, English, French) :)

PS: yeah, please make it sticky!

Well i guess i will donate some time and effort then and translate a few articles once in a while.

neandell

Postby neandell » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:05 pm

What is Slack?

Dareshiranu

Postby Dareshiranu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:10 am

I'm hoping that there is a GM Screen of some sort out there. The tables in the PDF are so scattered and the PDF itself isn't printer friendly, so cutting and pasting seems problematic at best. The Kickstarter unfortunately didn't come with one, a regrettable oversight in my opinion.

I wonder if there is one in German? I just want to be able to print out useful tables that I'm sure I'm going to have to refer to frequently and I picked up a landscape screen with eight pockets at Gen Con as well as a spare copy of the Core Rules.

Lanir

Postby Lanir » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:56 am

In the appendix starting on p393 there are several pages of tables. I'm not sure if 6-7 pages of tables is exactly what you're looking for but if you need a screen before they make one you can probably patch something together to fit your immediate needs from there.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:46 am

There is already one in german
and several more are announced. they should include the most important tables plus some thematic information (linked to a campaign or region) the first one is tavern themed and only contains the basic tables, the booklet gives a lot of extra ideas and rules for creating taverns and brawling (including tavern brawl combat maneuvers (which arent meant for real combat and dont do damage))

Dareshiranu

Postby Dareshiranu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:26 am

Thanks, I haven't gotten that far in my reading. I'm doing other things too I'm afraid. I just wish that they'd released a printer friendly version too instead of the duplicate of the printed book. Oh well, at least the text seems editable - so I'll be able to cut and paste as needed since I want landscape rather than portrait.

There is rather a lot of pertinent information though in the tables. Not surprising really given their generally high information density. Even their fluff text tends to contain useful information or embedded charts

Dareshiranu

Postby Dareshiranu » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:02 pm

The planner map... the German one. Looks fantastic and the labeling in German is scarcely an impediment.

What I wonder though is there a way to acquire the original map that they use in it's full resolution? It would be fantastic to print out. I like big, detailed maps. They add verisimilitude (in my opinion).

I've been trying to reverse engineer the thing, but I'm at a loss as far as getting all the tiles. Then I'd have to stitch them all together again like a puzzle. Just getting the original would be easier.

I've found some maps on the wiki, all from the same source, but none in that high resolution.

Dareshiranu

Postby Dareshiranu » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:08 am

Never mind, discovered I already have a high resolution map (in English). No doubt from the Kickstarter.

devilaether

Postby devilaether » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 pm

Dareshiranu wrote:I'm hoping that there is a GM Screen of some sort out there.

I picked up the English GM screen and tavern guide at my FLGS. You can also order it from the Ulisses US webstore and from Amazon.

Aprewett

Postby Aprewett » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:50 am

Could the Appendix pages be placed in the English website Download section please?
I gave the screen but the skills page is really handy, and I only have the print version.

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”