Greetings from the UK

AnonymousWizard

Greetings from the UK

Postby AnonymousWizard » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:14 pm

It's a shame I didn't know about this game sooner! I got the core rules and the Aventuria Almanac for my birthday, and I'm enjoying them very much (and even using them to plan a game, although my group unfortunately is very conservative about trying new systems). I really like the low fantasy high detail approach, and can't wait to get the remaining books for my collection.

Aventuria is also literally the only 'elves, dwarves, and men' setting I've found myself enjoying for a while, because while the continent is a lot smaller than is strictly realistic it does seem very well thought out, with lots of opportunities for adventure even without bringing in the orcs and demons. Plus the way it interacts with the system assumptions is brilliant, both tend to assume the same capabilities from characters.

I suppose the next book to get would be the Bestiary, but I still haven't finished the Almanac. Can't wait for more books to be released, I love crunchy systems and TDE seems to be at the right level of allowing a lot of character customisation, but getting most of the maths out of the way before play begins. Plus I just like roll under systems, easier for players to check if they succeeded.

tempest13

Re: Greetings from the UK

Postby tempest13 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:52 pm

The Bestiary would be good choice for the next book. Once the Aventuria Compendium becomes available it would be a good choice for the next book after that as it explains skills better, and adds a lot of General and Combat Special Abilities that complement the ones in the Core Rules.. Having said that they are all great and add onto the Core Rules well.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 am

Welcome in our community. TDE is really a fantastic and awesome world. You can find a lot of books and stories about aventuria (unfortunately in German).
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 am

Welcome!
I hope you can convince your group to try it. Mine was the same at first (just in the opposite direction, they didnt want to try anything but TDE. #JustGermanThings) But there are lots of interesting games to be found in a sea of mediocre ones. It doesnt hurt to change it up once in a while. Keeps things fresh.

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:53 am

other things than TDE??? :o Impossible! 8-)
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Return to “Newcomer Introduction and FAQ (TDE)”