Vampires

Morgoth

Vampires

Postby Morgoth » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:30 am

Are there any stats for vampires in TDE yet? None in the english version but what about the German?

I fondly remember playing Shadows over Riva back in the 90s (computer rpg) and still remember the vampire elf who joins you in the sewers... :twisted:

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Re: Vampires

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:29 pm

I only know some stats of npc's, e.g. in the ds3 adventure "Alptraum ohne Ende"
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:44 am

4th edition had a package how your values change when becoming a vampire. You got quite a few bonuses (resistance to damage, vastly increased attributes, some special skills) and some disadvantages (cursed by the gods, hunger for sikaryan, increased bad traits)

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm

I meant as monsters, enemies for the PCs to face in a game, both in combat and in social situations.

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:20 am

You could apply the same package to generic NPC values.
As enemy the most important are the gods curses, as they determine how a vampire can be killed. Most are cursed by Praios, so sunlight will kill them. Those cursed by Rhaja will die on a kiss. Various gods have their own holy plants (stake, garlic) and so on.
I think in those packages were also guidance on how to determine the cursed at random. Cursed by Praios was something like 90-95%, the other gods were less likely. As a story NPC I would go by what makes sense. An Goblin Vampire would not be cursed by Praios, as he does not believe in the twelve gods at all. He would be cursed by Goblin gods, perhaps hunting weapons will kill him or boar tusks.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:33 am

bluedragon7 wrote:An Goblin Vampire would not be cursed by Praios, as he does not believe in the twelve gods at all.

Without delving to deep into the lore: That's not really a requirement. Don't forget, in Aventuria it doesn't matter if you believe in the gods, they are real and can influence the world.
However, it's really rarely done by them directly and usually a big no go for them. So a goblin would have to do something really atrocious against Praios to be cursed by him.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:08 am

Explicitly for determining the gods curse of a Vampire the beliefs he holds dear are important.
To a Goblin Praios means nothing.
But a whitch hating the inquisition would also be cursed by Praios.
And most 12god followers, even if they primarily follow another god still accepts Praios as ruler of the twelve.

The curse is not a direct act of the gods at the time a particular person is made to a vampire. It is a generic curse that came about when the nameless one created the first vampires eons ago. it automatically extends to all new vampires created. So it is not a decision the gods make how to curse a particular vampire but rather a decision made by the previous life of that vampire. He will be afflicted by the curse of those gods that mattered to him in live.

bern

Postby bern » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:26 am

Here is a summary about the rules for Vampires in 4th edition: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=112&p=4012&hilit=vampires#p3990

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”