Good House Rules to try?

demonwalker

Good House Rules to try?

Postby demonwalker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 pm

So I'm about to GM my first game of TDE and I'm trying to make sure I know as much as I can. My entire group is new to it, having played tons of Pathfinder and 3.5 D&D, so this will be a fairly new experience for us all. I know that lots of people end up setting up house rules to help run games a bit smoother, or fix anything that seems off, so I figured I'd ask if anyone has any good ones I could use.

In addition, When looking over the Composite Longbow vs the Longbow, none of us could find a real good reason for it being twice as expensive for less damage. Sure, the design is more intricate, but I know in Pathfinder that the design translates into the potential for more damage, not less. Does anyone have a good house rule for making the Composite Longbow actually worth the extra cash? I was thinking of giving it an extra damage per 3 points of Str over 8 that a player has.

Bosper

Re: Good House Rules to try?

Postby Bosper » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Most weapons have additional (dis)advantages that often make up for that.
A composite bow for example ignores 1 point of penalty for shooting long range, and can be shot from horseback. But gets another penalty of -2 in forests that considered difficult terrain

A Longbow can perform a ballistic shot without penalty but cant be used mounted.

As soon as you guys have the armory it all makes more sense

demonwalker

Postby demonwalker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Ah, so there is another book to look forward to? I currently have the Beasteary, Adventuria Alminac, Tavern guide, and core rules. What other books should I be looking out for?

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:55 am

demonwalker wrote:Ah, so there is another book to look forward to? I currently have the Beasteary, Adventuria Alminac, Tavern guide, and core rules. What other books should I be looking out for?

Armory, Compendium (Combat Schools, Combat Styles and Special Abilities for Warriors and Melee/Mundane types), Magic Compendium (Magic Academies, Magic Styles, Special Abilities, New Spells and modifications to spells for spellcasters), Blessed One Compendium (crunch and fluff for blessed ones). All these are out in German, we just have to wait for the english translation

Oh and the Warring Kingdoms sourcebook, it's already out in english. Has rules for Druids, new spells (including fireball err I mean Ignisphero) and regional info on two cool regions with medieval flair. Also has it's own small armory book, though it's not as essential.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 am

there's also the regional supplement for Albernia and Windhag "Sevenwind's Coast/Coast of seven winds" thats already out in german. Introducing Fey Ancestry as an advantage , Fey-Pacts and a few new fighting and mundane professions.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”