Elven Spellweaver acquiring additional spells

Xathos

Elven Spellweaver acquiring additional spells

Postby Xathos » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Greetings all. I just got started playing this great game after a few decades of AD&D and Pathfinder. I am working on creating characters, specifically arcane spellcasters. I have created a Glade Elf Spellweaver at Ordinary experience level. I took the Glade Elf package, the Spellweaver package, and the Elven magic tradition. I know that at Ordinary, the table says I can select one spell outside of my tradition. I am selecting Ignifaxious and bumping it up to 6 skill rating.

Based on what I've read, I can do this, but it is the only spell I can select outside of my tradition (Elven magic) at this experience level, Ordinary. Is this correct?

I am really looking forward to the upcoming spell source book. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of building the characters and would like to see the rules on spells in combat detailed a bit more. I realize there are not that many combat spells and that seems to be deliberate, but then again, there are a lot of enhancement type spells available which can really make a big difference.

Thanks,
Xathos

MadBeard

Re: Elven Spellweaver acquiring additional spells

Postby MadBeard » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 am

Hi Xanthos. Welcome aboard.

Xathos wrote:Based on what I've read, I can do this, but it is the only spell I can select outside of my tradition (Elven magic) at this experience level, Ordinary. Is this correct?

Yes. That is correct. At Ordinary level you can have maximum 10 spells+rituals, and one of those can be from another tradition.
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”