Sacred Weapon for Phex

thelordoftherats

Sacred Weapon for Phex

Postby thelordoftherats » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:23 am

I have a player who is a priest of Phex and he wants to create a blessed weapon so he can affect demons the same way that Boron's or Ronda's blessed/sacred weapons do. I told him that Phex does not likely have a sacred weapon and the create sacred/blessed objects spell is more for ritual items. But I told him I would post it on forums to get the wisdom of those who are more familiar with Dark Eye. Does Phex have a sacred weapon and can it be created using the create sacred(blessed)? objects chant(ritual)? (not sure which exactly)

powiernig

Re: Sacred Weapon for Phex

Postby powiernig » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

Bump, I'm interested too
Play in various games, from racing games, through tactical games to MMO games. I mostly play in the Rocket League (RL) and I think it's one of the best games for consoles such as PS4, XboX and PC. I sometimes sell RL items and crates. In every crate you will find some item, sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive, but if you do not want to spend time looking for items after crates - buy items to RL here https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league
Last edited by powiernig on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinxirus

Postby Shinxirus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Well you're basically right. First off, blessed ones of Phex don't have an associated weapon - which makes sense considering that none of his aspects deals with combat (tough the Tulamides may have a somewhat more martial view of him as Feqz). In the last edition there was a sacred throwing star that could be called via a liturgy, but that hasn't been mentioned (yet) in 5th ed.

Now for the second part: All the infos you seek are on the page about sanctified objects (p.316 in my book). The chant BLESS OBJECT merely blesses an object, which doesn't count as sanctified, as it states in the description. P.316 also states that it's not used for weapons. This liturgy is mostly used to create sacred unguents etc. though these will still hurt a demon when thrown at it. Weapons are sanctified vie the SANCTIFY OBJECT ceremony, though priests usually only sanctify items that are pleasing unto their respective deity.

Which brings us to the last part: Weapons aren't just sanctified upon request, nor will a priest spontaneously create one for themsves unless they are faced with the real possibility of facing a demon in the future. But neither "I might see a demon someday" nor "The rondrians get one, so I want one too" count as reasons. Sometimes a church may offer a hero to sanctify his or her weapon, but in that case the hero would have to have proven himself on multiple occasions against the Netherhells, in a way that is pleasing onto the deity no less.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:35 am

What about Star Trail, the mystical throwing axe?

Keep in mind it has a lot of copies floating around too... :twisted:

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”