The Armory Book

Morgoth

The Armory Book

Postby Morgoth » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:00 pm

So there is a TDE armory book in the works for the next Kickstarter, along with the compendium. Strange, I thought they were the one and the same; can anyone (German owners) tell us what the book will contain? Will it be a large tome of 100+ pages or small like the Warring Kingdoms armory book?

Shinxirus

Re: The Armory Book

Postby Shinxirus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 am

The Compendium is the first book of the red series dealing with profane elements. It contains expanded explanations of the skills and their applications, new focus rules, including the introduction of combat styles, and a handful of professions. It has 240 pages.

The Aventurian Armoury is your typical armour book, and belongs to the blue series. It has 160 pages, and contains weapons, armours and equipment akin to the regional armouries, though without the regional focus. Additionally, it contains focus rules for individual parts of armour (covering specific hit locations, as opposed to the complete armour sets in the core book) as well as simulating damage to armour and weapons.

Flash

Postby Flash » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:28 am

The armory is kind of a luxury rule book. Nice to have it but not necessary.

It is mostly a larger version of the Armory of the Warring Kingdoms with some extra focus rules on top of it. If you liked that book or books like the Shadowrun 2E Street Samurai Catalogue then buy it. But it is no book that you really need.

It is mostly for people that want more flavour text and pictures to the dry equipment lists in the core rulebook.

Also there is a "Underwear" entry in the book just for shits and giggles.... ;)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:40 am

Flash wrote:If you liked that book or books like the Shadowrun 2E Street Samurai Catalogue then buy it.

I think that you are showing your age here :)
It's of course a must have on my list, and I still have my Street Sam Catalogue from the good old 2nd Ed games.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:35 am

It's not a question about whether I will be getting it or not; every single book in this line is on my must buy list, no question about it. However I just asked because I wanted to know what the book was about. Hope the focus rules are good, and any new advantages/special abilities.

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”