Bows and character creation questions!

Schlake

Bows and character creation questions!

Postby Schlake » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm

I've been playing TDE for quite a while now. It's the reason I stopped frequenting the forums so much, I had a game to play finally! My first character is a witch, because someone here posted about flying around in a box, and it sounded cool. I made my witch as cool sounding as I could. As a mid-40s man with a twelve year old on the inside, my witch is a barefoot teenaged girl with ankle length red hair (bound power) that hasn't proven to be effective at much except comedic relief. Good looking I and II, ageless, pleasant smelling, with maxed out skills in seduction and cooking. I ride a cutting board, took no familiar, but was forced into having a zero-horned demon for a familiar by the GM (it's a fey creature with an inflated opinion about itself). I spend about as much time streaking naked as I do wearing my black leather corset, neither of which seems to impress the other party members. I have spent months grinding up my perception, so I am good at that. When we fight, I usually hold the blessed one's lantern for him and hide behind the Thorwalian for safety. Last fight I tried to cast witches claws, and rolled a double twenty. I turned into a skunk. So I rode on the blessed one's shoulder, and squirted the enemy right in the face. It was perhaps my most effective moment in the game to date! The witch is my first character, before I discovered the software, and she's got a lot of errors that I'm still tracking down and fixing retroactively. I used the software to make a dwarf, which I think is more correctly made, but we have a dwarf in the party, and I think mine is a bit too similar.

So I want to make a bowman! Well, I'm still 12 inside, so a bow woman! I think I know the answers to these few questions, but I want to check in just to make sure. A half elf is considered elvish, and can start with an elf bow, correct? I don't have to take any disadvantages if I don't want to? If I wanted to be an elf, can I not be a spellcaster? The long bow takes 2 actions, which means I can only shoot someone once every other round, while the elf bow takes one action, so I can shoot someone every round, correct? Or is it 2 or 1 rounds to load, and then another round to shoot, so three rounds for a longbow or 2 rounds for an elf bow? If the later, then quickload should reduce my fire time to once per round with a shortbow or elf bow? There is nothing like in other games that I could shoot more than once per round that I can see, am I correct in thinking that?
--Schlake

Dyvim

Re: Bows and character creation questions!

Postby Dyvim » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Schlake wrote: A half elf is considered elvish, and can start with an elf bow, correct? I don't have to take any disadvantages if I don't want to? If I wanted to be an elf, can I not be a spellcaster? The long bow takes 2 actions, which means I can only shoot someone once every other round, while the elf bow takes one action, so I can shoot someone every round, correct? Or is it 2 or 1 rounds to load, and then another round to shoot, so three rounds for a longbow or 2 rounds for an elf bow? If the later, then quickload should reduce my fire time to once per round with a shortbow or elf bow? There is nothing like in other games that I could shoot more than once per round that I can see, am I correct in thinking that?

An half-elf can be considered as an elf or not. Your choice with the agreement of your GM...
You dont have to take disadvantages.
An elf must normally take the advantage spellcaster but you can choose to learn only a few spells
With an elfbow you can shoot each round only if you have the special ability quickload.
It should exist some special abilities to shoot quicker, look at the compendium I or II.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Every Elf is a spellcaster by nature. If he was raised by elfs he will have the magical Tradition Elf, if he lived with humans he probably is an Intuitive Spellcaster.
Nonmagical Elves arent a thing really, but it might be a reason for the elf to go adventuring, since every elf clan would get rid of that cursed and handicapped burden asap. Probably by throwing it into the woods.

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Ok, I feel like I'm getting better at the rules!
--Schlake

Return to “Rules Questions (TDE)”