Storyline & Meta-Plot

queery

Storyline & Meta-Plot

Postby queery » Mon May 30, 2016 5:56 am

Many people playing TDE really like the feeling of a world that has a "feeling-real" and progressing history. There are smal detailed things happening that you can read in the aventurische bote (in game newspaper) and which events are also published only. As a gamemaster you can allways drop in the things happening even if they have no connection to the adventure your group is in, e.g. just by random people talking about them in the tavern. That gives players a feeling of a living world that is not just there for there adventure but is changing out of it's own.
Than there are different Mega-Plots unfolding over a very long time and sometimes changing the hole picture of the continent. If you have a high level-party it can be nice to play along one or several of these mega-plot and take responsability in the event often thretening your kingdom or the people you grow friends with.
But Depending on the experience of your game master and the amount of time he or the players want to use to follow what is happening or read about what happened in the past you can also survive very good without thinkging alot about the storyline and just encounter them a little in some official adventures.

My question would be if there are and plans in how to translate a bit of the history of aventuria into english?
Last edited by queery on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTStar

Re: Storyline & Mega-Plot

Postby GTStar » Mon May 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Maybe they'll translate the Historia Aventurica :)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Tue May 31, 2016 3:40 am

I really hope they do,
I stepped out of The Dark Eye continuity from just before the beginning of the Borborad Campaign until now and I would love to read a well written history as to what has happened since. I am fortunate though that I could in theory hunt down a German copy and read that, but I hope that I could show stuff to my players here.

twincast

Postby twincast » Tue May 31, 2016 1:12 pm

Well, of TDE's huge pre-5th Edition backlog, I generally only see them translating the most important novels, but yes, the Historia Aventurica is the ideal commercial product to catch up on Aventuria's living history (disagreement on various details aside), so if they really want to bring foreign audiences into it, they definitely should translate it as well, and that sooner rather than later. Besides, as far as I know (and am concerned) it is considered a (rules-free) TDE5 product, anyway, so chances should be good on all fronts.

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:17 am

Like with many other books,
if they make it (and make it available to buy in the UK) then I will go out and buy it.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Well they are hiring additional translators recently (not only for TDE but still, it will benefit, too).

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:32 pm

In addition: it is the meta plot, not mega plot :)

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:40 pm

GTStar wrote:In addition: it is the meta plot, not mega plot :)

In your game maybe, in mine it will be an (ULTRA) Mega Plot. :)

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:43 pm

hehe ;)

queery

Re: Storyline & Meta-Plot

Postby queery » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:52 pm

and a mega meta plot indeed.

Any info on if they will translate historia aventuria

Return to “Setting Discussion (TDE)”