Your favorite Aventurian God?

Denshi

Your favorite Aventurian God?

Postby Denshi » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Out of curiosity and to keep the forums rolling, I want to ask y’all this question:
Which of the Aventurian gods are you most interested in? One of the main Twelvegods; perhaps Praios, Rondra, Boron or Phex? Or one of the pantheon's demigods; like Aves, the patron god of many travelers? Or perhaps the more exotic gods have piqued your interest; the sky wolves of the Nivese people or the orcish gods Brazoragh, Tairach, Gravesh and Rikai.

In my case, I'm currently working on two blessed characters: A blessed one of Swafnir, the thorwalian ("viking") whale god, and a blessed one of Kor, the bloody reaper god commonly revered by mercenaries. So those two gods are my main object of study these days.

Lambert

Re: Your favorite Aventurian God?

Postby Lambert » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Phex, followed by Boron. Go the 12.

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:22 pm

For me actually my favorite is Sumu.

No real Church, but forgotten cults and the mysterious druids...

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Feqz and Radscha Uschtammar, the ancient ruling gods of the tulamids, not their weak modern, myran-influenced version as part of the oppressive 12 gods pantheon.

(Though some of my characters might have a totally different view)

Morgoth Feuerklinge

Postby Morgoth Feuerklinge » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:08 pm

For me, it's clearly Boron. He's mysterious, sublime, dark. I also love the setting Al'Anfa. So no one should be surprised that Boron is at the top of my list.
Please excuse my bad English, I'm a beginner.

TDE since: 1998
Current TDE rule set: 4.1
Played adventures: 55

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 am

I really enjoy my blessed one of efferd. just follow your emotions to full extend and let it wash over the land like the tides.

Kor is also an interesting, if a bit darker god. As is the ancient god of Shinxir, god of soldiers and athletes, who might fill in the role of the true god of war (which is kinda unoccupied at the moment, with Kor being competition )

Levthan, son of rahja and the incorporation of the animal inside man also is a very interesting deity with many possibilities for uncomfortable truths inside a plot.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:18 pm

The heavenly wolves of course :D
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Anke

Postby Anke » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:16 pm

Hesinde, goddess of nerds and creatives

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Tue May 28, 2019 11:42 am

I read this about a week ago, and looked around at the gods, and I honestly can't decide on one. But I really love how layered the gods are. When I first started out, there were 12 gods, just like the 12 gods tell us. But the more I look around, the more gods I find hidden away. As the old saying goes, it's turtles all the way down.
--Schlake

Tenushath

Postby Tenushath » Fri May 31, 2019 11:39 pm

Well you see there aren't just 12 gods...there's this 13th and the Blessed One's of Praios and Rhondra, in particular, have suppressed this truth. There is a 13th god who only had the best interest of men in mind...what? You don't want to hear this? Well...just you wait...just you wait.

I love the idea of the Nameless One and of the Nameless days! The PCs in my home campaign have learned over the last three years to rue those days. And I love it when they encounter some completely innocent NPC who just happened to lose a finger in a carpentry accident.

Return to “Setting Discussion (TDE)”