Rangers in TDE?

Morgoth

Re: Rangers in TDE?

Postby Morgoth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am

bluedragon7 wrote:There are sort of. Originally called Grenzjäger or sometimes Grenzreiter they are essentially a solidier with wilderness skills, often employed by provinces or local rulers to guard the more wild borders.
I played one in 4th edition, back then it was an own premade profession, but you can easily make one in 5th by combining the skills of a guard with those of a hunter and then reduce some skills.
Mine was of nivesian ancestry and a magic dilletant with a limited number of spells. He used to help bring groups over the border mountains to the shadowlands to infiltrate those.

Ok thanks, that's helpful. What would the english translation of these Grenzreiter be? Also, does every nation have them?

Does any German 5e book (like Compendium II) have these as an archtype or profession, so we can see an example of a 'typical' ranger type character?

Aside from the ones employed by provinces or rulers are there any independent ranger types out and about in the wilds?

@Hex the Dark
Is there a 'typical ' profession for Order of the Ram given anywhere, or a Fighting Style?

Bosper

Re: Rangers in TDE?

Postby Bosper » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:38 am

Morgoth wrote:
bluedragon7 wrote:There are sort of. Originally called Grenzjäger or sometimes Grenzreiter they are essentially a solidier with wilderness skills, often employed by provinces or local rulers to guard the more wild borders.
I played one in 4th edition, back then it was an own premade profession, but you can easily make one in 5th by combining the skills of a guard with those of a hunter and then reduce some skills.
Mine was of nivesian ancestry and a magic dilletant with a limited number of spells. He used to help bring groups over the border mountains to the shadowlands to infiltrate those.

Ok thanks, that's helpful. What would the english translation of these Grenzreiter be? Also, does every nation have them?

Does any German 5e book (like Compendium II) have these as an archtype or profession, so we can see an example of a 'typical' ranger type character?

Aside from the ones employed by provinces or rulers are there any independent ranger types out and about in the wilds?

@Hex the Dark
Is there a 'typical ' profession for Order of the Ram given anywhere, or a Fighting Style?

Everyone graduating the Warrior academy in Neersand has to join the order, so they should make up the majority

https://ulisses-regelwiki.de/index.php/ ... ieger.html

https://ulisses-regelwiki.de/index.php/ ... -Stil.html

Ist a Versatile style Fokussing on no particular Weapon but works well with throwing

Return to “Setting Discussion (TDE)”