Optolith Character Generator

Elytherion

Re: TDE5 Heroes (Beta)

Postby Elytherion » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Finally, FINALLY, I can tell you something pretty cool: There is a new update! But it is not "just another update" ...

Update 1.0 (Release) (Hotfix 1.0.1)

It needed more time that I thought but now I can say: All reported (and indentifiable) bugs are fixed! There was heaps of testing, adding and refactoring. The list of changes is pretty long, that's why I put them in the spoiler box below. If you want to know what exactly changed, you'll have to check out the spoiler box! ;) (note: these are all the changes affecting the English part; the changes for the German part are different and only available in German forums in German)

The most important for last: Once more I have to thank all of you that helped me reaching this point, whether by testing, typing new stuff, reporting bugs but also by proposing new features or improvements, not least all of you that supported this project via the Scriptorium financially. Thanks HEAPS!!!

One last thing before I start listing all the changes: Over the past updates I redesigned the app. A new logo, a new color scheme, new icons. The last step was to get a new name. The previous one was a placeholder, actually, because no fitting name came to my mind and, for the alpha, a good name was not important to me. Now, as the app leaves beta phase, it's time to let the name leave alpha phase as well. The app will be called "Optolyth" from now on.

Below, however, to the detailed changes! ;)

BG Ely

► Show Spoiler

Xorntobebad

Re: Optolyth Character Generator

Postby Xorntobebad » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Bug Report:

When in English Language, I try to make a human after picking a culutre I get (error posted below)... I changed the language to German and it doesn't give errors. I tried on various computers to see if there was a cache issue or something.
I think it has to do with an error with the human cultures file.
To replicate English language, pick human, pick almost all human cultures, or half elf, and proceed.. won't let you pick a profession.

Thanks

ERROR
TypeError: Cannot read property 'short' of undefined
at ProfessionsListItem.React.createElement.profession.src.length.React.createElement.profession.src.map.e (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\app\views\rcp\ProfessionsListItem.js:24:78)
at Array.map (<anonymous>)
at ProfessionsListItem (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\app\views\rcp\ProfessionsListItem.js:23:122)
at mountIndeterminateComponent (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:8032:15)
at beginWork (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:8221:16)
at performUnitOfWork (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:10224:16)
at workLoop (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:10288:26)
at HTMLUnknownElement.callCallback (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:542:14)
at Object.invokeGuardedCallbackDev (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:581:16)
at invokeGuardedCallback (C:\Program Files\TDE5 Heroes\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:438:27)
COMPONENT STACK

in ProfessionsListItem (created by Professions)
in ul (created by List)
in List (created by Professions)
in div (created by Scroll)
in div (created by Scrollbars)
in div (created by Scrollbars)
in Scrollbars (created by Scroll)
in Scroll (created by Professions)
in main (created by MainContent)
in MainContent (created by Professions)
in div (created by Page)
in Page (created by Professions)
in Professions (created by Connect(Professions))
in Connect(Professions) (created by Route)
in Route (created by App)
in section (created by App)
in div (created by App)
in App (created by Connect(App))
in Connect(App)
in Provider

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:03 pm

Identified and fixed! Thank you so much!!! :) As this bug is pretty severe I will upload a fix soon (within the next few days).

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Update 1.0.2

• Fixed issue with rendering list items of advantages/disadvantages/special abilities.
  • Fixed shortcuts being global.
  • Reloading a hero with Stigma (Albino) won't change selected eye color anymore.
  • Fixed list of professions.

macOS

• App now quits automatically on close.

BR Ely

Tenushath

Postby Tenushath » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:12 am

Ely,

Is there a way to add custom advantages and abilities? I ask because we love the creator but several of my players want to use stuff from Warring Kingdoms.

Thanks,
Tenu

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:32 am

Hi Tenu,

Currently, there’s no way to add custom entries. :( If the entries from TWK are in the The Dark Eye Game Reference I can add the English translation of them. I have got a bit less time then usual to work on the app, but once it’s getting better I can add those so you can use them. :) I just can’t give you a date when I will have done that. :/

BR Ely

schreinereiner

Re: Optolith Character Generator

Postby schreinereiner » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 am

Hi there Elytherion,

great work with the character generator! My group is already building their heroes.

However, currently the English version appears to remain limited to Core and Almanac whereas the German version is pretty up to date. Is there any way I can help speeding up the translation into English? Maybe crowdsource the effort a bit? We're starting our campaign in the Warring Kingdoms which aren't integrated on the English side of the generator as of right now.

The following books available through the generator in German are already out in English:
    Aventurisches Kompendium
    Die Streitenden Koenigreiche
    Aventurisches Bestiarium
    Ruestkammer der Streitenden Koenigreiche
    Aventurische Ruestkammer
    Kneipen und Tavernen

I have all 5th ed. source books listed above in both languages and am fully bilingual. Urspruenglich aus Muenchen. Und kein keyboard mit Umlauten mehr...

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”