Optolith Character Generator

Elytherion

Re: Optolith Character Generator

Postby Elytherion » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:19 pm

Yeah, I would probably use the French forum as well for this project if I would speak French ^^ That’s a little Issue, I‘d say ^^ Otherwise there‘d probably already be a thread about this app.

MadBeard

Re: Optolyth Character Generator

Postby MadBeard » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Ely. It's been a while since I play around with TDE. I just tried this app and I must say it's awesome. Thanks very much :)

Tenushath wrote:Ely,

Is there a way to add custom advantages and abilities? I ask because we love the creator but several of my players want to use stuff from Warring Kingdoms.
Thanks,
Tenu

I second that. It would be great to have ability to add custom stuff, especially since you already have framework.

Also it would be nice to have tooltips for various buttons. Because when using the app for the first time, for some buttons you really don't have a clue what it would do before you click on it. It's not a big deal but adds more to professional level.

I do have one question. Why there aren't any descriptions for adv/disadv, spec abilities, spells etc when you click on "i" button?
In right sidebar it just says name of ability. For skills and races descriptions are working fine.
I hope this is not for legal reasons. If I understood correctly, you can use everything that is on official game reference rules
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi! Thanks a lot!!!! :3

Yeah, that's a feature also requested by multiple German users. It's on my roadmap (https://github.com/Elytherion/tdeheroes/wiki/Roadmap) but it will not be available with the next update. :/

Tooltips are also what I need to add. The current tooltip implementation just is not suited for every use case so I need to rewrite it before I can use it widely. I will take care of it when I take care of the UI/UX in general (see UI/UX improvements on the roadmap).

There should be descriptions. At least I included them. Maybe there's an issue in the code which prevents them from showing up. I'll check and fix that for the next update! Thanks for reporting!

BG Ely

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Hey Elytherion,

Your program is awesome, but you already knew that. ;)

Any chance of getting an english update for the Compendium Professions? I know you have already added many of the combat styles from the Compendium, but the professions aren't there yet.

Also tooltips work for most abilities/spells in the Core Book, and even for some of the Warring Kingdom abilities/spells, but not for most things outside the corebook. None of the Compendium special abilities have working tooltips.

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Morgoth!

Your program is awesome, but you already knew that. ;)

Well, I might be a little more "strict" about that! ;)

Any chance of getting an english update for the Compendium Professions?

Yes, definitely! It's just that my current spare time is basically 0 and at the moment I need it to get the app fixed and working. I will add the English translations in the future but I cannot give you an ETA. :/

I know you have already added many of the combat styles from the Compendium

They were included in the Core Rules kickstarter ("Deep Rules").

tooltips

What do you mean by "tooltips"? The wiki entries on the right? I recently found out that there was a problem showing the wiki entry for special abilities in general. I'm going to fix that soon. Are only special abilities affected or is the another category that has no wiki entries? (I mean, all of them are available but not shown)

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”