A fool idea : Dragonlance adaptation with TDE rules

Dany40

Re: A fool idea : Dragonlance adaptation with TDE rules

Postby Dany40 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:47 am

A great news for my project :

https://eu.petersengames.com/cthulhu-mythos/

Sandy Petersen, the father of the Call of Cthulhu RPG have made a version of his Cthulhu Mythos for DD5. So ... he bring lovecraftian horror in Heroic Fantasy setting.

Where is the good news for my Dragonlance adaptation with The Dark Eye RPG rules ? The good news is in this information by Sandy Petersen :

« Dark Eye Edition coming 2019!

Our friends at Ulisses reached out to us last year requesting to convert the book for their Dark Eye roleplaying game. They are in the process of developing it now, for both their German and English editions! »

A Dark Eye RPG rules adaptation of Cthulhu Mythos is coming this year !!

The good news for my project is that a great RPG author (Petersen) is making adaptations of the same rulebook for DD5 rules and Dark Eye rules .

Its my Rosetta stone for making DD5 Dragonlance to Dark Eye Dragonlance conversion :).

Thrar

Postby Thrar » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:25 pm

That's remarkable. It does say "last year" so this might have gotten scrapped or delayed along with the English TDE supplements, but still interesting to hear that they were looking at such partnerships.

Bosper

Postby Bosper » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:43 am

The book was just announced as an upcoming kickstarter on the german Facebook Page for Springtime.

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:36 am

Good news :)

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:04 am

Bosper wrote:
Dany40 wrote:Hello everybody !

As a long time fan of the Dragonlance D&D setting... I have a strange idea... using the TDE5 rules for an adaptation of this background.

I’m completely aware that TDE rules will bring thé Dragonlance setting to a « Realistic Fantasy » approach... Its exactly what I’m looking for.

For the fluff, I possess all the books of the D20 Dragonlance books collection, and some older treasures like the ADD Boxed Set « Tales of the Lance » and « Time of the Dragon ».

For the Crunch, I have the Core rules book, the Compendium, the Bestiary, the Almanach and the Armory.

I’m waiting for Magic 1 and God 1 ... useful tools for my foolish project.

Does anyone have informations about new monsters and spells creation mechanics ?? Any tools for making this creations « by the rules » ?

All Humanoids are build as you do with characters. You can break down the humanoids in the bestiaries to their costs and bonuses , (dis)advantages etc.

Monsters are just created as you see fit.

Spells are a tough one, they arent created by rules, except that "normal" attack spells work like a -faxius and everything that causes fear/pain etc works and costs the same.
The rest is more consensus in the creation- and testing team

I like the idea.The first D&D-ish setting that i think has the right feel for it. if i can help you with my experience and resources from nigh 20 years of TDE , i'm glad to help
(i did a bit of the opposite once and took some D&D influences into our last TDE campaign on the eastern continent the "Riesland"(Giantlands), mostly feats and some creatures)

So far I have made some modifications on magic rules and I have created the « Moon Magic » effet of High Sorcery. I have also made a first work on Mage of High Sorcery profession.

I have two problems for the moment :

- The power of magic : Astral régénération is very slow I hesitate to accelerate it.
- Dragons breath weapon : I feel it’s a quite weak weapon in bestiary dragons stats.

What do you think about that ?

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 am

Dany40 wrote:A great news for my project :

https://eu.petersengames.com/cthulhu-mythos/

Sandy Petersen, the father of the Call of Cthulhu RPG have made a version of his Cthulhu Mythos for DD5. So ... he bring lovecraftian horror in Heroic Fantasy setting.

Where is the good news for my Dragonlance adaptation with The Dark Eye RPG rules ? The good news is in this information by Sandy Petersen :

« Dark Eye Edition coming 2019!

Our friends at Ulisses reached out to us last year requesting to convert the book for their Dark Eye roleplaying game. They are in the process of developing it now, for both their German and English editions! »

A Dark Eye RPG rules adaptation of Cthulhu Mythos is coming this year !!

The good news for my project is that a great RPG author (Petersen) is making adaptations of the same rulebook for DD5 rules and Dark Eye rules .

Its my Rosetta stone for making DD5 Dragonlance to Dark Eye Dragonlance conversion :).

That's incredible!! I've been wanting a more meatier bestiary for a while now and this will be it in spades.

I just hope they do the english translation concurrently so we get it at the same time. Also, they can reuse the same gorgeous art in the 5e version to save time; I would still just like a few customer pieces by TDE artists too though to see their versions of mythos creatures.

Exciting as hell news!!!!!!!!!

Dany40

Postby Dany40 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm

I have the DD5 version ... the monsters are great I Can’t wait to see the Byakhee in TDE rules :)

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”