Optolith Character Generator

Elytherion

Re: Optolith Character Generator

Postby Elytherion » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 am

I would try to save heroes and config from Optolith and insert the ones from Optolith Insider (okay, so you had the 1.1.0 installed, which had that issue). Then you should be able to start the app and every should be there. In that case you can also safely delete the Optolith Insider folder.

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:52 pm

I had a problem importing old characters to my new mac laptop. I read the previous forum posting, and so before I'd even downloaded the new optolith I'd already made "~/Library/Application Support/Optolith" and copied both heroes.json and config.json into it. Running the new optolith, however, appears to have blown them both away so I had recopy them from my previous laptop. A little annoying.
--Schlake

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Did you try to insert them after the folder was created by the application? Because in the whole program I don't delete those files at all, so it must happen on creation of the folder by the wrapper application (which I have no influence on) or something like that.

(Even though you created the folder, the wrapper application writes some filtes and folders to the Optolith folder and maybe it cleans the folder if there's not the necessary files contained. Because on update that did not happen before.)

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:26 pm

It did work afterwards, yes. I just think it should before that as well. But if you didn't write that, then you probably can't fix it.
--Schlake

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Yeah, sadly I have no influence on that. Sorry you had that issue! :(

Schlake

Postby Schlake » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:11 pm

One new problem: it keeps adding itself to the task bar at the bottom of the page. I keep removing it. On a mac.
--Schlake

Elytherion

Postby Elytherion » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:59 pm

Hmm. It shouldn't do that. I sadly can't reproduce because I don't have a Mac but I can check if there's any option I need to disable.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:06 pm

Hey @Elytherion, any chance of updating the character generator with all the remaining stuff from the Compendium and also Magic of Aventuria? Would love to see all the new spells (for us English readers anyway!) there as well as Style Abilities and Style Special Abilities (both for Guild Mages & Mundanes)

DreadDomain

Postby DreadDomain » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:45 am

Morgoth wrote:Hey @Elytherion, any chance of updating the character generator with all the remaining stuff from the Compendium and also Magic of Aventuria? Would love to see all the new spells (for us English readers anyway!) there as well as Style Abilities and Style Special Abilities (both for Guild Mages & Mundanes)

I would also be very interested to know!!

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”