Master Spirits

Dareshiranu

Master Spirits

Postby Dareshiranu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:54 am

Ran into this: http://meistergeister.org/

They spoke about the RatCon on their fora even though it is seemingly a fan-based project I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a possibility of an English translation for 5E? It looks quite useful. I'm also wondering if anyone is aware of any fan produced city maps online. The DSA wiki is a little difficult to navigate even translated and seems to include less than what I'd find useful.

MadBeard

Re: Master Spirits

Postby MadBeard » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:35 am

This looks nice. I don't understand German, so could someone please explain to me what is this about exactly?
According to google translate and screenshots, I presume that this is GM tools for campaign management and VTT all in one?
Am I correct?
I'd have to be a warrior, a slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror, fighting to be free.

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:56 am

Basically, yes.

The wiki is fan based, and since until yet there weren't many english fans it's a little "empty". But once it's back up again, feel free to contribute!
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:43 am

I posted on their site a question are they planing to localize it in English. Hope they will :praying:

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

MadBeard

Postby MadBeard » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 am

I got an answer. They're not planing English version :cry:

"Warrior" - Wishbone Ash

Dareshiranu

Postby Dareshiranu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:42 pm

That is a shame. It looked quite thorough... and useful. Too bad U.S. can't "encourage" them to engage a broader audience. Software aids really appeal, at least to me (and I suspect I'm not alone.). The alchemy stuff alone was tasty, not to mention all the rest.

Dareshiranu

Postby Dareshiranu » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:52 pm

And regarding the wiki, I was speaking to the German not the English - which is pretty full, just not seemingly of the kinds of things I'd normally look for.
And Dere Globus (I think I got that right). I'm looking at German sources of information, Fanprojekt stuff.

When I asked after maps of cities it occurred to me that in thirty years someone might have produced some. I even found a mention of a hex map of Aventuria that was available online at one time, but now can only be found in a tiny version (the original was quite large apparently). It's resources like these that I'm looking for.

I've found some interesting Fanprojekt maps with political boundaries, population densities and other interesting and possibly useful data. True the labels and legends are all in German but they are still of interest and potential use.

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Personally I don't use Meistergeister, mostly because I don't have a group atm, aaaannnd it's a little bit big for me.
I'd wager that they can't or don't want to make an english version because it's a fan project and it's a giant project translating such things (without being paid for it).
Similar for the wiki. The german one (because of the bigger fan base) is full with almost everything - expect rules and several other very detailed things, because it'd replace or be used instead of official publications. The maps are (partially) in this, too.
The english is full of more or less random entries, since they were translated randomly, everytime someone was in the mood for it.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

wilcoxon

Postby wilcoxon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:44 pm

If the software was written properly (with internationalization in mind) then adding a translation should be trivial - just need a few bilingual people to do the translations. However, I would guess it was not written with other languages in mind which would make it a fair amount of work.

bluedragon7

Postby bluedragon7 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:15 am

Currently the software only supports the 4th edition anyway.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”