Magic I - Kickstarter

Nborys

Re: Magic I - Kickstarter

Postby Nborys » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:21 am

Robert Cousland wrote:They are trying to get better. Lots of reorganizing, and hiring new people to help compensate for being at least six hours ahead of Americans on the East Coast. It isn't perfect by any means but at least they do know there are issues and are trying to resolve them.

"They are trying to get better" - I'm not really seeing any evidence of that.

"hiring new people to help compensate for being at least six hours ahead of Americans on the East Coast" - I think everyone can live with a day or two delay in communications. The issue is they are dead silent on all fronts for MONTHS at a time. Time zone differences have zero impact on that level of fail.

"It isn't perfect by any means but at least they do know there are issues and are trying to resolve them" - Not asking for perfect just want some sort of regular communication from them. A regular monthly post with what they are working on for each of their game lines would be a god send at this point.

Robert Cousland

Postby Robert Cousland » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:17 pm

I am sorry but I can't speak for any game lines beyond TDE and Aventuria and for those, the news is up to date and has been on Facebook since I started posting there a week ago or so. The Aventuria Card Game expansion Inn of the Black Boar Kickstarter will launch next week and Aventuria Magic will launch right after the completion of the Aventuria crowdfunding. How things have been handled prior to a week ago is well beyond my control as I wasn't there then.
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Nborys

Postby Nborys » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:30 pm

I fully understand you are new and only able to tell us what Ulisses tells you, so I don't hold any of my ire against you. I'm just not going to trust anything this company says until the product starts to get released (kickstarter campaigns are a start but at this point they need to release actual product).

Brooding Paladin

Postby Brooding Paladin » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:02 pm

Fair warning, I'm something of an eternal optimist, but I can't help but feel like there is good news on the horizon. The Kickstarter for the Inn of the Black Boar looks like it is going well. It's fully funded and there are still 19 days to go(!). Further, Markus Plotz, himself, expanded the rewards to lower tiers to be more inclusive based on some (occasionally whiny, IMHO) feedback from participants.

This just makes me more excited for what is to follow. Add in that Robert Cousland is now putting info out on the Facebook page multiple times a day (thank you very much, Robert!) it is starting to feel like we've turned a corner in communication. Plus, there's some renewed action re: organized play (here: https://www.ulisses-us.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=861&start=20).

I'm stoked and am trying to stay patient for the next Kickstarter!

Robert Cousland

Postby Robert Cousland » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:24 am

Brooding Paladin wrote:This just makes me more excited for what is to follow. Add in that Robert Cousland is now putting info out on the Facebook page multiple times a day (thank you very much, Robert!) it is starting to feel like we've turned a corner in communication.

Thank you very much but I can't take all of the credit. I am a part of a team that is trying to interact with the fandom on Facebook every day.
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Robert,

Is there any confirmation on when the Aventuria Magic Kickstarter will begin?
I understand if you cannot give a definitive date, but just making sure this is not going to slip again.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 am

Yes, the Inn of the Black Boar is now over, can we hope for Aventuria Magic to begin sometime this month?

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 am

Rumour has it starting starting next week.

I wrote:
Me wrote:Oh how long we have waited for this. I shamelessly had a look in my German mate's copy so the content is unfortunately not going to surprise me. (I did though got surprised by just how many important spells were in the Warring Kingdom's Campaign book the other day).

Unfortunately our Guild Mage player had to leave the group for out of game reasons and so this book is slightly less important to my current game, but my next game ... and maybe when I get to play the Dark Eye instead of running it. I might be tempted to play a Scharlatan or someone with a little magic, hiding it and only referring to it in ST notes.

In any case, it is a great book and I cannot wait to go all in to this Kickstarter, the thing I would love to know is a date I can put into my calendar so that I can plan ahead a little. And who knows, maybe we are going to do a little catch up and get the end of the Theatreknights as well as the next Region book or even the Gods book into the same Kickstarter (one can hope, can we not :) )

And they replied:

The Dark Eye wrote:This Kickstarter will be about Magic and few other products, the regions and gods will get their due in the future.
We are aiming for next week with the start of this campaign.

Morgoth

Postby Morgoth » Fri May 17, 2019 10:32 am

Awesome, hope that's true. :P

Also the rights to the english edition of Wrath & Glory have gone over to Cubicle 7, US has the German edition rights only now. Aside from this likely freeing up a lot of time at US-NA perhaps it explains the large number of delays; apparently there was a lot of dealing involved with the WH40K license behind the scenes.

Anyhow, at the risk of sounding selfish I just hope US-NA has more & more time to devote to TDE. So many books yet to be translated.

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks for the update, Lambert.

Proceeds to do Snoopy happy dance.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”