Compendium II

Morgoth

Compendium II

Postby Morgoth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:10 pm

Can any German players tell us what is in Compendium II, as it will be a LONG time until the english language translation is available?

And was there ever an Armory II? (I love the Aventurian Armory book, its one of the things that makes TDE so awesome; an entire hardcover for nothing but mundane, non magical equipment full of artwork and special rules for said equipment & weapons without making it about magic!!)

And is there a compendium III also out?

Robert Cousland

Re: Compendium II

Postby Robert Cousland » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:20 am

Aventuria Armory 2

Aventuria Armory 2 is a beautiful book. I absolutely love the cover art and am very fortunate to have a print of it. Hopefully, we will have in in English sometime in 2020 or 2021. But there are so many other books more essential to the world, I certainly can't promise you that. I don't have a Compendium II so I can't answer that question.
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Tenushath

Postby Tenushath » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:12 am

Compendium II is a great followup to the first one.
I got mine when it came out and I've steadily translated essential portions for my gaming group. Just some of the stuff includes:
    Extended rules for healing including amputations!
    Alchemy stuff
    Animal companions
    House/Castle building rules
    Lots of mundane profession stuff
    Boxing rules
    Bladed fans
...just to name a few

tempest13

Postby tempest13 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:23 am

In addition to the stuff mentioned above the Compendium 2 also expands the idea of styles to mundane professions. So you have a style for pickpockets and butchers and artists and etc..

These styles allow for special abilities that are tied to the style and only available through the style just like combat styles and mage profession styles.

There are more combat abilities and rules to tie critical hits and botches to damage and effects based on severity and location.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”