PDF Error Collection Thread

Flash

Re: PDF Error Collection Thread

Postby Flash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:21 pm

I will try to answer some of this. I think you fell prey to a somewhat unfortunate wording here that also was in the German version.

NejiraDK wrote:Page 44. In the box "All attribute packages already include racial modifiers". Not sure if this is an error or me misunderstanding how it works but how can it already include modifiers from race?

It means they are calculated as if you are taking advantage of maxing out on the 100 available starting attribute points (it is advisable to always do this at generation) and maxing out the attributes were your race gives you a bonus to your starting maximum. (chart 2 for humans and chart 3 for Dwarves and elves)

NejiraDK wrote:In the text "Sarah decides against buying a package and spends 525 AP for
the following attribute values: COU 12, SGC 10, INT 14, CHA 13, DEX 14, AGI 14, CON 13, and STR 9. No attribute value is above 14, so she had to buy 35 points at a cost of 15 AP each, for a total of 35 x 15 = 525 AP.

Since her hero is an elf, she must modify the maximum values of some of her hero’s attributes (see page 40). Her new maximum AGI and INT are 15 each, and she lowers her maximum SGC by two points (Sarah already decided that her elven heroine is not very bright, so she has no problem with a Sagacity of 12)."

Her SGC is 10 in the first paragraph but the second mentions she lowers it by two, and that she has no problem with a Sagacity of 12. Wouldn´t she need to buy SGC 12 to get a total score of 10 since elves have a -2? Thus having to spend 37 x 15 (555 points)?/15

Are the 100 points maximum before or after racial modificers?

You misunderstanding is what racial modifiers actually do. The don't modify the attributes themselves they just increase or decrease the possible maximum starting values at character generation. See Race chapter page 88 header: Attribute Adjustments.

The thing throws off a lot of people that only read the character generation rules as the header on the race summary on page 40 is easy to miss.

So you have always 100 points attribute points maximum. Only your maximum starting values are different depending on race.

In the example with Sara her maximum starting SGC is decreased from 14 to 12 because of her being an elf. But that is meaningless to her because she only put 10 points in the attribute anyway. The example misses the word "maximum" before the Sagacity of 12 and a "because she only put 10 point in the attribute." behind it to make it clear.

NejiraDK wrote:In the box at the bottom of the first column on page 44 it says "The remaining AP totals are: Louisa 560, Chris 545, Sarah 545."

Shouldn´t they pay for culture?

Culture itself is free. Only if you take one of the optional culture packages you pay points. See Page 40 Choose Cultures

NejiraDK wrote:Even without culture Sarah´s math doesn´t seem to add up:

-555 Attributes
-0 free Culture no optional package
545 remaining points

Edit:
Shit I missed the 18 point for race Elf. So it should be 527 remaining points.
Last edited by Flash on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bern

Postby bern » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Edited: I made a mistake here.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Flash wrote:
Edit:

The German book also says 527 AP. The mistake is that they copy-pasted the 545 of Chris to Sarah.

There are some other mistakes, please check the results of generation again:
Chris:
page 45: "Blessed One of Rondra, pays 280 AP,..." -> "283 AP" (as in the German version)
Page 46: "Chris 265 AP" -> "262 AP" (as in the German version)

Sarah (as in the German version):
Page 46: "Sarah wants to make her heroine a Wyldrunner, and spends 253
AP to do so." -> "256 AP"
Page 46: "Sarah 292 AP" -> "271 AP", you used the wrong 545 AP here.
Page 46, 2.: "Sarah 280 AP" -> "259 AP"
Page 50: "Sarah 268 AP" -> "247 AP"

Most of them are in, but unfortunately there are some points forgotten out of the Errata to the 2. version of the core rules:
Page 1, Credits, Interior Illustrations & Maps: Add following illustrators:
Marc Bornhöft, Miriam Cavalli, Tristan Denecke, Sabrina Klevenow, Janina Robben, Mia Steingräber

page 54: "Know aspect" is without INT 14 als prerequisite.

page 149: The black mage only costs 302 AP.

Pages 214/220: You missed the new special ability "Analytiker/Analyst" you need for the new "Magical Analysis" on page 268f.

Page 299: Why is the Analys a ritual? In German it is a spell?

I have to check the rest of the errata later.

And some other things I found:
Page 49: "-15 AP" is bold and there are some lines missing at the end of the table.

Page 134: The variants of the hunter have different costs like in the German book - with the same skills?
Big game hunter 274 AP vs. 264 AP
Bounty hunter: 279 AP vs. 278 AP
Slave hunter: 289 AP vs. 284 AP
Tribal Hunter: 268 AP vs. 258 AP

I haven't checked the other professions, yet. You should do so, please!

twincast

Postby twincast » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Cain_hu wrote:Just a small thing so far :

p10 "... and his daughter Simia."

p10 Demigod list : "Simia (m)"

So, Simia is male or female ?

Different traditions do actually assign different sexes in this case. (Most cultures - including the dwarves - consider Simia to be female, but the Churches of the Twelvegods consider her to be male - presumably out of ancient conflation with the first elven king (and later revered hero-deity) of the same name.)

schreinereiner

Postby schreinereiner » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:29 pm

Page 251 - the quote at the Top of the page I believe should say "The magic always lies in the details" instead of "The magic lies always in the details" which follows German sentence structure.

schreinereiner

Postby schreinereiner » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:41 pm

Page 264 - missing dividing line in the table featuring failed results of demon summoning between outcome for rolls of 24-25 and 26-27
Last edited by schreinereiner on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

julianwolfe

Postby julianwolfe » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:57 am

p.367 the ox-herd weapon is described but not listed.

NejiraDK

Postby NejiraDK » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:56 am

Flash wrote:I will try to answer some of this. I think you fell prey to a somewhat unfortunate wording here that also was in the German version.

-555 Attributes
-0 free Culture no optional package
545 remaining points

Edit:

Thank you Flash, that clears up a lot for me :)

Regarding the AP cost of races. Page 40 has the cost of Elf to be 15 AP, but page 91 has the cost of Elf to be 18 AP.

Also the elf on page 91 has Two-Voiced Singing noted under Automatic Advantage

But Two-Voiced Singing is also listed under Strongly recommended Advantages and Disadvantages. It says on page 88 "Automatic Advantages or Disadvantages: A few
races have advantages and/or disadvantages which are automatically included."

So are Two-Voiced Singing included in the AP cost of the Elf or recommended?

NejiraDK

Postby NejiraDK » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:06 am

I think there may be an error in the Race Overview on page 40 and/or on Page 94.

Example:
Dwarf on page 40 in the Race Overview:
LP: 8
SPI: -4
TOU: -4*
MOV: 6
Attributes: CON&STR+1; CHA or AGI*-2
Ads/Disads: None.

But on Page 94 in the Race Overview they got:
LP: 8
SPI: -4
TOU: -6*
MOV: 6
Attributes: CON&STR+1; CHA or DEX*-2
Ads/Disads: None

The race write up on page 94 has Toughness Base Value at -4, and Attribute Adjustments: Con and Str +1; CHA or DEX -2.

The Elf also have AGI on page 40 but DEX on page 94 and in the race writeup on page 91.

Cain_hu

Postby Cain_hu » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:00 am

twincast wrote:
Cain_hu wrote:Just a small thing so far :

p10 "... and his daughter Simia."

p10 Demigod list : "Simia (m)"

So, Simia is male or female ?

Different traditions do actually assign different sexes in this case. (Most cultures - including the dwarves - consider Simia to be female, but the Churches of the Twelvegods consider her to be male - presumably out of ancient conflation with the first elven king (and later revered hero-deity) of the same name.)

Thank you twincast. It woudld be great if the rulebook would mention these things somewhere, because it was confusing.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”