PDF Error Collection Thread

Flash

Re: PDF Error Collection Thread

Postby Flash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:50 pm

page 248 Inured to Encumbrance

Seems to be the old pre errata version of the German rulebook.

Also the example is wrong, In both the English and the current German version.

Thorgarth

Postby Thorgarth » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:36 pm

P. 25 and p. 26. It seems (and we could really use an oficial interpretation here about this) that the term "reroll" is used very ambiguously (if not directly wrong), confusing Retry, meaning subsequent tries after a failed skill check, with reroll, has the rules stipulate. Indeed, each retry could, in it self, be subject to reroll by the expenditure (for instance) of a FtP for instance, if the Player so deems worthy and/or has available FtP.

As such, where one reads Reroll should read Retry.

schreinereiner

Postby schreinereiner » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Flash wrote:Seems to be the old pre errata version of the German rulebook.

Are the other sections of the English rulebook in line with the updated German revision?

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:34 pm

As I wrote some comments before they missed some points. I add some in this post. But most of the changes are also in the English version.

Another few things, based on the German Errata:
Page 224: Ancient Tulamidya Signs: Improvement Costs of 2 not 4

Page 236: Add the following part into the mask-box: "(AT/PA -5/+2, which becomes +4), Tjalva's...

Page 241: Size Category: Switch "A wolf-sized..." to "A goat-sized..."

Page 247: One-Handed Combat: Add "a shield, or a parrying weapon or any other item.

Page 248: Inured to Encumbrance I-II: Please clear if it is one or two steps for each level!

Page 316: "They avoid them because direct contact has an effect like acid on the bodies they manifest in the Third Sphere (see page 355)." --> "(see page 341)."

Page 349: High and Long Jumps: Add "For dwarfs the hights/widths (?) are divided in half"

Page 351: Maximum Stat or Maximum Increase: "You can receive more FtP only when you reach a higher Experience Level. A hero who collects enough
AP to reach the next EL also receives one FtP (thus raising the hero’s current maximum value by 1). FtP can be modified only by the advantage Luck and the disadvantage Bad Luck." -> "FtP can be modified only by the advantage Luck and the disadvantage Bad Luck." (delete the first two sentences!)

Page 398: "Omit Prayers and Gestures Liturgical check suffers a penalty of 2 for each omitted." (not 1!)
And there are two boxes missing (as can bee seen on the page before)

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Flash wrote:page 248 Inured to Encumbrance

Seems to be the old pre errata version of the German rulebook.

Also the example is wrong, In both the English and the current German version.

It is not the pre errata version, it is something in between.

And I think the English version is correct now(?). It says one step for every level, what is also said on page 32. In the German version it says 2 steps, but the example is like it is one step.

Please check this Ulisses!

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:34 pm

No I look at the AP costs of the races and professions because of the errors I found in my last post:

page 40: The Elf costs 18 AP, not 15 AP!

page 42: There is a linemissing above the Ore Dwarf

page 54: Sword of Flame: Volume is 7 points, AP cost is 35 AP

page 55: Improved Dodge I-III: 15/20/25 AP in the last column and there is the vertical line missing.

Open (I have to recalculate the AP because they differ between German and English and I don't know what are the right values - maybe you can help?):
Page 132: Guard - Variants all differ
Page 134: Hunter - Variants all differ
Page 136: Mercenary - Variants all differ
Page 140: Sailor - Variant Pirate differs
Page 153: Blessed One of Boron - Variants all differ
Page 154: Blessed One of Hesinde - Variants all differ
Page 157: Blessed One of Praios - Variants all differ
Page 158: Blessed One of Rondra - Variants all differ

Last edited by GTStar on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreadDomain

Postby DreadDomain » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Page 88 - not a typo, more style but to be consistent with the rest of the table "inch (also called thumb)" should be "1 thumb = 1 inch".

Page 91 and 92 - weight for elves and half elves eerily low. Based on TDE 4 figures, "60+..." should be replaced by "90+..."

Page 93 - Figure uses german fingers instead of english thumbs

Page 94 - weight for dwarves to be cleaned up. Replace "-2d6+4d6" by "+4d6"

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:09 pm

GTStar wrote:
Flash wrote:And I think the English version is correct now(?). It says one step for every level, what is also said on page 32. In the German version it says 2 steps, but the example is like it is one step.

I doubt it.

My pre errata German print version says one step.
My after errata German PDF says two steps. The change also got mentioned in the German errata document.

Two steps make a lot more sense when I look back at prior editions. So imho it's two steps and the example is borked up.

bz7

Postby bz7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:04 pm

P190 & P410 The character sheet, Gaukelei --> Trickery. Unless this is a design choice.

P157 This may be pedantic, but in the equipment and garb box 'sphere globes', it feels off. Perhaps a redundancy.

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:08 pm

I have discussed with the development team, and they have said not to worry about translation. They would prefer not to open that can of worms, since they've spent the last year dealing with it. Just let us know if you spot any glaring errors in the English version, and we'll be happy with that.

-Eric

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”