Release schedule update

NathanielG1

Release schedule update

Postby NathanielG1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Will the release schedule of books translated into English for the remainder of this year and next year be made publicly available soon?

I pledged for all the pdfs released through the end of next year in the first Kickstarter. The commitment for the pledge is approximately 30 PDF books. This will require about two books a month from now to next year to fulfill. This appears to me to be a rather aggressive schedule, and perhaps unrealistic.

I noticed that the almanac now has a Kickstarter to fund the translation of the book, and that the release date for the book has been pushed to next year.

My intent is not to criticize or complain. The books released this far have exceeded my expectations. I would appreciate clarification of the release schedule and of how the commitment made as part of the first Kickstarter for approximately 30 digital books will be fulfilled.

Lambert

Re: Release schedule update

Postby Lambert » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:52 pm

The Kickstarter is to fund the limited edition and special edition version of the Almanac and to get the books early. I believe the actual PDF will be released to the "All the PDFs" backers soon (maybe even next week).

Also you would get a 10 dollar discount on the Almanac Kickstarter, which also through backerkit allows you to get things like calendars, all the bonus content from the original Kickstarter and other bits.

NathanielG1

Postby NathanielG1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:06 pm

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

Otaku Mike

Postby Otaku Mike » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:58 am

I didn't back the original KS, so I don't know the details of that pledge you took. I would think that if a number was given (about 30 books), then you'll get that number. The deadline will be pushed back if all of them haven't been released yet. I'd be very surprised if it were to go another way.

GTStar

Postby GTStar » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:13 am

It only said that this will be around 30 books.

And I think they will reach this goal. Also smaller ones, but definitely worth more than 99 $ :)

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:42 am

Slowly I start to believe that the english kikcstarters really got tje better end of the deal, concerning us regular german buyers. The money I spend on TDE stuff...
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:52 am

I think the all the PDF level was accidentally put on the Kickstarter page at a lower price point than intended.

I back the Kickstarter campaigns to get the money straight to Ulissses and so their margins should be better and then they can afford to hire more people making great games for me.

And the T shirts of course. :)

HEX the Dark

Postby HEX the Dark » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:04 am

Well if Ulisses US (or who is responsible for the translations) needs someone to translate the stuff, I am currently looking for a job ;) Although my skills are probably too low.
Never trust a smiling gamemaster

Lambert

Postby Lambert » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Hey Eric,
is there a chance to update the stickied Release Schedule.
As far as I can tell the last update to the schedule was in September and hopefully now we might be able to look a bit further into the future.

I know, maybe a couple of things will slip my a month and there will no doubt be some shouting about that, but I much rather know these things then be completely in the dark, which won't make things quicker either.

There are also the matters of the Aventurian Herald, the Heroworks Adventures and other items that so far don't seem to be scheduled. I understand that TORG will throw it's mighty Shadow into the ring and take up a load of your time, specially with the coming Kickstarter which might well overshadow the Dark Eye but I would love to know when you guys are planning on bringing out in the summer running up to Gen Con.

Also we could do with a nice Warring Kingdom Deluxe Kickstarter, just saying.

So keep up the good work, but let us know what is coming please, so we can excitedly look into the future :)

Eric USNA

Postby Eric USNA » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:12 pm

I am waiting on some scheduling updates following our production setbacks. I hope to have Starless Sky in the hands of the All the PDFs folks soon, but I am not sure what our schedule looks like after that.

I do think we should be seeing Warring Kingdoms and all its associated products by late spring/early summer. And yes, we do hope to have a deluxe version of that as well.

When I have more specific information, I will let you know.

Return to “Tangents and Miscellany (TDE)”