Wakshani

Re: Cyberpapacy Crowdfunding Launches on November 11

Postby Wakshani » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:03 pm

*pours one out for the Numberless*

Lost to the system. An appropriate end. :D

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:14 am

Congratulations for all the 6 Papal Thrones being filled, and all the stretch goals unlocked!

I have waited long enough not to be racing against anyone, and I declare myself the 8th Cardinal. Wishing 2 more Cardinals to stand up...
(With all the previous supply caches to catch up it's not financially easy move for me, maybe not even a wise move provided I have no one to play with and thus all these will be quite likely ending up "enriching the closet". Now I'm persuading myself it is the necessary cost for committing Torg Eternity this deep.)

TorgHacker wrote:
cloudshaper2k wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:So Heroes of the Possibility Wars Vol 1 will include stats and more full biographies of the iconic Torg Eternity characters, and the intent is to include the 10 Delphi Council backer characters from the Core Book Kickstarter.

Iconic as in Quinn, Mara, etc? Or updates to the survivors of the Day One adventures? Or both? Both would be good.

The ones listed in the Core Book. Aiden, Tworek, etc.

For the future product, Day One heroes with standard Delphi Gear (i.e. $1000 worth of starting equipment) would be a great reinforcement, especially with the "Face" characters like Gin “Ginny” Inoue the Cheerful Receptionist or “The Kid” the Cosmopolitan Vagabond which Core Rule Archetypes don't have enough.

TorgHacker wrote:
Kanaris wrote:Daily contributing to and monitoring these forums/US website + Kickstarter/GameOnTableTop + Facebook + Rpg.net as well as actually writing key content + behind the scenes process issues + full-time day job + transformational life change :arrow: no wonder she wrote the revised NE sourcebook, she knew a few of the super powers from experience :D (though arguably "dilate time" is a precognition power ...) We are extremely lucky to have her devote the time, care and skill that she does.

When I first read this I thought you said "dilation time" and I'm thinking, "I haven't had that surgery yet..."

"Oh wait."

:lol:

I did the same misreading, probably because I have read "Why I Don't Wear Pierced Earrings", an article from "The Bride Was a Boy" author's blog just before that.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:34 am

Wakshani wrote:*pours one out for the Numberless*

Lost to the system. An appropriate end. :D

They have become glitches.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:31 am

TorgHacker wrote:As Wakshani said, there may have been some editorial changes and the Numberless is one of the things that were eliminated. Partly for setting reasons, but also for space reasons. Even though the Number is now detailed in the Secrets of the Cyberchurch PDF, the Numberless would need to be mentioned in the sourcebook itself, and we just didn't have room to go into how these people would be handled.

Given the quality of the Previews (including the above Number/Numberless extract), you hereby have my blessing to publish rule-less contents. Who needs new Perks when you could use the space for great ideas instead :)?

(ok, I'll confess that I'm a big Amber Diceless / Fate Core GM, so I don't need no rules anyway)

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Yoric wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:As Wakshani said, there may have been some editorial changes and the Numberless is one of the things that were eliminated. Partly for setting reasons, but also for space reasons. Even though the Number is now detailed in the Secrets of the Cyberchurch PDF, the Numberless would need to be mentioned in the sourcebook itself, and we just didn't have room to go into how these people would be handled.

Given the quality of the Previews (including the above Number/Numberless extract), you hereby have my blessing to publish rule-less contents. Who needs new Perks when you could use the space for great ideas instead :)?

(ok, I'll confess that I'm a big Amber Diceless / Fate Core GM, so I don't need no rules anyway)

Amber is awesome, though very draining as a GM - kudos! And I agree 100% about content which fleshes out the setting even without rules.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 am

A bit shy under $160K. That isn't too shabby.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:43 am

Blightcrawler

Postby Blightcrawler » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:40 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
fuldry wrote:I don't want to miss the next set, so I will move, but, honestly, I am unhappy with the decision.
François

Have you been in any previous Kickstarters? Game On is what we used as the pledge manager.

Because of that, i already had an account so there wasn't much "move" involved, except mentally.

The big difference is that we had to decide all add-ons up front instead of just pledge at a level and work out the details after it closed. Either that, or their pledge flow is confusing. So I figured I would wait until after the holiday week when I had some time to figure out the details.

Unfortunately, they ALSO apparently do 3-week length campaigns, meaning I missed out by less than 8 hours. I assumed I had until Dec 10 at least. :cry: This sucks.

Yoric

Postby Yoric » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 pm

TorgHacker wrote:A bit shy under $160K. That isn't too shabby.

Seen from the outside, it looks pretty decent :)

How were the previous crowdfundings at this stage? I seem to remember that Aysle got ~50% larger, but I have no idea how much of it arrived as late pledges.

graethynne

Postby graethynne » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:02 pm

Blightcrawler wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
fuldry wrote:I don't want to miss the next set, so I will move, but, honestly, I am unhappy with the decision.
François

Unfortunately, they ALSO apparently do 3-week length campaigns, meaning I missed out by less than 8 hours. I assumed I had until Dec 10 at least. :cry: This sucks.

From the chat thread at GameOn - TL:DR looks like you won't necessarily have missed out.

"Deanna
[12/03/2019 07:52]
0 0 2
@Gaunt_Man and Maybecedarian - There will be a late pledge period. No details on that yet though."

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”