Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Atama

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Atama » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Gamerngeek wrote:
Atama wrote:
Gamerngeek wrote:
What I think is happening is I have several hundred dollars tied up in a kickstarter, where plenty of people /already have their product/, and yet no one seems to be able to tell me what happened to my money, or my product, and now the company wants me to trust them enough to give them several hundred MORE dollars.

Then don’t pledge. Nobody is forcing you to do so or would blame you if you didn’t.

Pledging or not pledging still doesn't account for several hundred dollars of missing money or product from a prior pledge.

I’m pretty sure it’s not missing, US has it if they haven’t already spent it.

You’re wondering about the items you pledged for. If you are worried it will never arrive, that’s paranoia because US has been doing this for a while and isn’t in the business of taking money and not delivering a product.

If you are upset that it is taking so long, that’s understandable. Though you seem to be all over the place in expressing that.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

commandercrud

Postby commandercrud » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Wow, someone getting irate over a Kickstarter delivery. That's new.

Gamerngeek

Postby Gamerngeek » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:30 pm

Atama wrote:
Gamerngeek wrote:
Atama wrote:Then don’t pledge. Nobody is forcing you to do so or would blame you if you didn’t.

Pledging or not pledging still doesn't account for several hundred dollars of missing money or product from a prior pledge.

I’m pretty sure it’s not missing, US has it if they haven’t already spent it.

You’re wondering about the items you pledged for. If you are worried it will never arrive, that’s paranoia because US has been doing this for a while and isn’t in the business of taking money and not delivering a product.

If you are upset that it is taking so long, that’s understandable. Though you seem to be all over the place in expressing that.

Actually, no. Here's the short review:

* Main Torg Eternity Kickstarter: We're told product is going to be air freighted. Product is instead sea freighted, causing a 3 month delay.
* Living Land Kickstarter: Deluxe book not sent, takes more than 6 months to receive.
* Nile Empire Kickstarter: All this nonsense.

And yet I've never said anything before, because stuff crops up with a Kickstarter. Unforeseen problems. That's not in their control. That's fine.

What is most certainly NOT fine is the Ulisses employees giving out misinformation, or intentional lies, or lack of communication and broken promises to people who gave them their money in good faith.

If your shipment was delayed getting out of Germany? Fine. TELL ME THAT. I might be mad at the shippers, or at the folk in Ulisses' warehouse, but not at Deanna or Darrell.

If you tell me we're going to get an update before the Aysle kickstarter...then GIVE ME THAT UPDATE. Even if the update is "well, it shipped out of Germany on Friday, but hasn't arrived in the U.S. yet." Again, I might be disappointed, but at least I know what's going on.

If you tell me on Day 1 of the Aysle Kickstarter that we'll have an update that day...then give me that update. (Admittedly, this one was partially handled: Darrell posted to claim he hadn't gotten in touch with Studio 2 yet. But his posting today may invalidate that).

If I ask you, four days later, why we still don't have an update, and you tell me you haven't been able to contact them...and then you tell me you've been in contact with them every day...NO.

Basically, don't lie to us. We're not stupid, we're not children, and you have several hundred dollars of our money months past delivery date. The very least you can do is be professional, and communicate open and honestly to us about what's going on. We deserve that much. Not have two different people tell us different things. Not go radio silent for 4 days after promising us an update.

I guarantee, we will be less upset if you tell us honestly what is happening then if you lie to us or simply don't communicate with us.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:08 pm

All Kickstarter updates will now come through the official channels. This informal system obviously doesn’t work and only makes things worse, and gets me accused of being a liar, which pretty much is the worst thing I can be accused of. My anxiety has just shot through the roof over this, and I’m done with that.

I will continue to pass along feedback to Darrell, but any responses will come from him.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:37 am

Patience is a virtue. You've wait 6 months, a couple more weeks won't matter.

@Deanna. This forum is very valuable to me and everyone on it, and I wouldn't want your input to stop just because someone doesn't understand that you guys are doing the best you can with the information you have. Keep up the good work, you are valued more than you know.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:22 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Patience is a virtue. You've wait 6 months, a couple more weeks won't matter.

@Deanna. This forum is very valuable to me and everyone on it, and I wouldn't want your input to stop just because someone doesn't understand that you guys are doing the best you can with the information you have. Keep up the good work, you are valued more than you know.

I agree on every point, wholeheartedly.

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:09 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Patience is a virtue. You've wait 6 months, a couple more weeks won't matter.

Well said.
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:33 am

+1 :)
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

Matthew Surridge

Postby Matthew Surridge » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:33 am

Totally agreed.
Humankind cannot bear very much reality
— T.S. Eliot, who didn't know the half of it

My Torg Eternity review, part one and part two

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:23 pm

What GeniusCodeMonkey said :)

There's a game that literally charged people to access the forums and thus developers that doesn't have near the response time and back and forth that this here does. The box will get here when it gets here. As will the Aysle one as will the Cyberpapacy one etc.

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”