Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Stewbacca

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Stewbacca » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Cannot agree enough. You are too valued to stop contributing. You add value all the time.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:20 am

Stewbacca wrote:Cannot agree enough. You are too valued to stop contributing. You add value all the time.

Oh, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just not sure it's best for me to act in an informal matter relaying the latest, especially about something that is frustrating as hell for us.

But if relaying information that was the best I had at the time, but ended up being erroneous is going to end up with people saying I'm dishonest, it's really not worth the anxiety attacks that causes. There are at least four different parties that are involved right now me, Darrell, Ulisses, Studio 2, and US Customs (probably) and I'm not going to take the personal hit because of something that someone else says that ends up being incorrect.

"No good deed goes unpunished."
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Stewbacca

Postby Stewbacca » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:55 pm

That is clearly a wise an prudent decision. I think I speak for many when I say we don't want to see this cause you to pull away from a community which overwhelmingly values your daily contributions. Too many people rage-quit social media when things get frustrating like this and I believe we all just want to be supportive.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:31 pm

And the update is going out!
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:17 pm

This is a cross-post and it might be unrelated. My apologies in advance.

I know some folks are concerned about their Nile Boxes shipping in North America. I just received an email with a fed ex tracking number for my own Nile Box. It’s coming out of Knoxville TN, and Fed Ex says they have it at their facility. Not joking, I just wanted people to know that they’re moving quickly now.

Flash

Postby Flash » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:23 am

GeniusCodeMonkey wrote:Patience is a virtue. You've wait 6 months, a couple more weeks won't matter.

@Deanna. This forum is very valuable to me and everyone on it, and I wouldn't want your input to stop just because someone doesn't understand that you guys are doing the best you can with the information you have. Keep up the good work, you are valued more than you know.

Indeed. There is not much that needs to be added to this.

All problems in the NIle kickstarter so far are luxury problems compared to other kickstarters I have backed.
The products exists, the quality is known. Delivery is ongoing. It is at worst a few weeks before everybody has their package.
International shipping is and probably never will be a exact science. Even delivery in only one county has a long chain of events that can go wrong or delay something.

At the end of the day EU backers had about half a month delay and US backers a month and a half. That is basically in time when it comes to crowd funding. :lol:

Ulisses delivered three crowdfundings (one for Hexxen 1733, Nile Empire and one for Starfinder) in the span of a few weeks and in looks well for "Die schwarze Kate" in July as well. I am quite happy with them at the moment.

And given how well the Aysle kickstarter is running I think a lot of people have confidence in them as well.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 am

I do sort of understand a bit of the basis of the complaint; I think....

Deanna is always such an excellent source of information. I can see how someone finding out that something she told us wasn't 100% accurate (through no fault of her own) *might be* reminiscent of when one was 6 or 7 years old and discovered that one's mother was not infallible. It could be a very jarring experience.

For the record, Deanna, I know you have made mistakes on this forum, and you probably will again, and I still say that you are, "T3h 4w50m3!!" I apologise for using pigeon-leet, but I can't think of a language that is readily legible en masse and still comes close to conveying just how much I appreciate you.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:29 am

...Hasn't anyone noticed that there is a vacant seat for the Champion now?

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:57 am

I just got my summer bonus, so I've just changed my pledge from Asyle Player to the Asyle Treasure Coffer.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:43 am

Alright, let's get going on the Cyberpapacy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”