Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Gamerngeek
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Gamerngeek » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:17 pm

So, we got told (repeatedly) that there'd be an update on the Nile Kickstarter's shipping to the U.S. Are we to believe that in the four days that we've been told that that you guys /still/ haven't heard from your distributor?

User avatar
TorgHacker
Posts: 4597
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Gamerngeek wrote:So, we got told (repeatedly) that there'd be an update on the Nile Kickstarter's shipping to the U.S. Are we to believe that in the four days that we've been told that that you guys /still/ haven't heard from your distributor?


Yes. You can call me a liar if you wish, but Darrell just got back to me after poking him and he's emailing them every day and they haven't responded yet.

This is unfortunately, a holiday weekend. So yes, the idea that our distributor hasn't gotten back to us doesn't surprise me.

Now, the alternative is to not say anything until we absolutely have things in hand and being shipped out, but that so far has been unacceptable as well. If we don't have the information, we can't give you the update.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Gamerngeek
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Gamerngeek » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:53 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Gamerngeek wrote:So, we got told (repeatedly) that there'd be an update on the Nile Kickstarter's shipping to the U.S. Are we to believe that in the four days that we've been told that that you guys /still/ haven't heard from your distributor?


Yes. You can call me a liar if you wish, but Darrell just got back to me after poking him and he's emailing them every day and they haven't responded yet.

This is unfortunately, a holiday weekend. So yes, the idea that our distributor hasn't gotten back to us doesn't surprise me.

Now, the alternative is to not say anything until we absolutely have things in hand and being shipped out, but that so far has been unacceptable as well. If we don't have the information, we can't give you the update.


Maybe someone should try actually picking up a phone, instead of sending one email after another into a cyber-ether. I find it pretty much impossible to believe that in this day and age, you're going to tell me a major German company sent somewhere on the order of $100,000 of product to the U.S. without a shipment number, or a tracking number. SOMEONE at Ulisses has tracking information on that shipment.

Also, the fact that Thursday-now is a holiday means very little, if you guys have truly been trying to reach them since Monday. That's 3 business days to get a reply BEFORE the holiday.

User avatar
Spatula
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Spatula » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Dude. What do you think is actually happening here? They’re lying to you and hiding the information because... reasons? Just to piss you off? You think they don’t want to know the exact same thing you do?

Kanaris
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Kanaris » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:05 am

Unless you are WotC, most game companies are small and you have a few people busting their ass off to fulfil their fans' expectations, and they're not being showered in filthy lucre to do it. USNA might have had a few production delays here or there with supply issues out of their control, but they have produced and distributed incredibly high quality product, with well thought out (and exciting!) plans to come. They're not a fly by night operation. I have found their communication to be really good and I think they deserve more than a little consideration and patience.

dehayhurst
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby dehayhurst » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:23 am

Hey all, I know there's some intense emotion around this. We're in contact with Studio2 every day, and the word is, the boxes haven't arrived yet. Yes, its way after the estimate. No, I don't know why, other than everyone says this can happen even with air freight, and it's just shipping as usual. When we have boxes in hand I'll post an update, but until they're in hand it'd be the same speculation I had before, and after being wrong twice I can't afford to speculate again. So...sorry it's quiet, I'm even more eager than you are to get that arrival message let everyone know boxes are on the last leg.

-Darrell

Gamerngeek
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Gamerngeek » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:13 pm

dehayhurst wrote:Hey all, I know there's some intense emotion around this. We're in contact with Studio2 every day, and the word is, the boxes haven't arrived yet. Yes, its way after the estimate. No, I don't know why, other than everyone says this can happen even with air freight, and it's just shipping as usual. When we have boxes in hand I'll post an update, but until they're in hand it'd be the same speculation I had before, and after being wrong twice I can't afford to speculate again. So...sorry it's quiet, I'm even more eager than you are to get that arrival message let everyone know boxes are on the last leg.

-Darrell


See, Darrell, THIS is why we're pissed. Deanna just got done telling us up the page that "Yes. You can call me a liar if you wish, but Darrell just got back to me after poking him and he's emailing them every day and they haven't responded yet."

The important words there are "haven't responded yet."

Then you come here and tell us "We're in contact with Studio2 every day..."

These two statements are literally incompatible. Either one of you is actually lying to us, or you guys as a company are so uncoordinated that you don't know what's going on with an enormous part of a kickstarter that has a lot of people REALLY pissed off.

So, maybe you can see why there's a problem.

Gamerngeek
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Gamerngeek » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Spatula wrote:Dude. What do you think is actually happening here? They’re lying to you and hiding the information because... reasons? Just to piss you off? You think they don’t want to know the exact same thing you do?


What I think is happening is I have several hundred dollars tied up in a kickstarter, where plenty of people /already have their product/, and yet no one seems to be able to tell me what happened to my money, or my product, and now the company wants me to trust them enough to give them several hundred MORE dollars.

User avatar
Atama
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 am
Location: Auburn, WA

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Atama » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Gamerngeek wrote:
Spatula wrote:Dude. What do you think is actually happening here? They’re lying to you and hiding the information because... reasons? Just to piss you off? You think they don’t want to know the exact same thing you do?


What I think is happening is I have several hundred dollars tied up in a kickstarter, where plenty of people /already have their product/, and yet no one seems to be able to tell me what happened to my money, or my product, and now the company wants me to trust them enough to give them several hundred MORE dollars.

Then don’t pledge. Nobody is forcing you to do so or would blame you if you didn’t.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Gamerngeek
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Aysle Kickstarter Launches July 2!

Postby Gamerngeek » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Atama wrote:
Gamerngeek wrote:
Spatula wrote:Dude. What do you think is actually happening here? They’re lying to you and hiding the information because... reasons? Just to piss you off? You think they don’t want to know the exact same thing you do?


What I think is happening is I have several hundred dollars tied up in a kickstarter, where plenty of people /already have their product/, and yet no one seems to be able to tell me what happened to my money, or my product, and now the company wants me to trust them enough to give them several hundred MORE dollars.

Then don’t pledge. Nobody is forcing you to do so or would blame you if you didn’t.


Pledging or not pledging still doesn't account for several hundred dollars of missing money or product from a prior pledge.


Return to “Official Timeline and Product Announcements (TORG)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests