Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

TorgHacker

Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Setting this up for the inevitable questions once the Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview is released tomorrow.

There are some things I want to focus on for corrections and questions. There were a LOT of changes made during development, and a lot of moving things around to get as much as we could to fit. So there may be things that are ... um... contradictory (#sorrynotsorry) or things that refer to something that isn't mentioned anywhere in the book.

In particular the GodNet chapter. That's probably the one that I'm not 100% sure everything is as clear as it could be.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wotan

Re: Cyberpapacy Sourcebook Preview Discussion

Postby Wotan » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:15 pm

Squueeeeeeeee! :)
Glitchfinder General

mathey

Postby mathey » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:09 am

Been perusing the PDF - submitted a few typos/grammar corrections as well. Insomnia + unemployment gives me way too much time to Torg with. :D

I am hype for this release and am really enjoying this new take on Cyberpopes. Its really helping me congeal my ideas about the cosm and how to utilize it in future adventures. I especially like the idea that the Wilds can have pockets of dark Grimm's Fairy Tales stuff - oh, and the many ways to use the GodNet - and the idea of a Torg trinity via Ebenuscrux - the embrace of neurodiversity, the LGBTQ+ and disabled communities...lot of good stuff.

Pour one out for the Eiffel Tower, y'all.

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am

Yes, so ... much ... stuff <happy dance>. I can see why space was so tight. Well done to Deanna and Thomas. It was worth the wait :D

There's so much to discuss. To start things off, in the TE corebook it says that computer tests with cyberdecks are favoured. I assume this is only for computers in Core Earth and Pan Pacifica? (on the basis that Tharkold will have its own decking rules for the Grid).

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:38 am

Does a hardlight drone emitter have wounds itself? I see it gets destroyed if the drone does but if an assault drone takes a wound could a character de-rezz it, and then re-rezz it again at full health? (losing the drones action in the process). Makes me wonder the worth of the regeneration field upgrade if that's the case.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:53 am

Kanaris wrote:Yes, so ... much ... stuff <happy dance>. I can see why space was so tight. Well done to Deanna and Thomas. It was worth the wait :D

There's so much to discuss. To start things off, in the TE corebook it says that computer tests with cyberdecks are favoured. I assume this is only for computers in Core Earth and Pan Pacifica? (on the basis that Tharkold will have its own decking rules for the Grid).

The First Seal cyberdeck replaces the TE Corebook cyberdeck. It still provides Favored tests but only against Tech 25 or less computers.

As for Tharkold's computer networks, I don't want to comment on that just yet (if only because I haven't read what John Watson and Darrell did for it).
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:57 am

Greymarch2000 wrote:Does a hardlight drone emitter have wounds itself? I see it gets destroyed if the drone does but if an assault drone takes a wound could a character de-rezz it, and then re-rezz it again at full health? (losing the drones action in the process). Makes me wonder the worth of the regeneration field upgrade if that's the case.

No Wounds, but if someone wants to try to wreck it, use the Object rules in the core book.

But no, you can't de-rezz and re-rezz a drone to heal it.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:04 am

TorgHacker wrote:The First Seal cyberdeck replaces the TE Corebook cyberdeck. It still provides Favored tests but only against Tech 25 or less computers.

As for Tharkold's computer networks, I don't want to comment on that just yet (if only because I haven't read what John Watson and Darrell did for it).

Nice, thanks! (Sorry, I just saw this was clear from p 79).
Last edited by Kanaris on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:04 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Greymarch2000 wrote:Does a hardlight drone emitter have wounds itself? I see it gets destroyed if the drone does but if an assault drone takes a wound could a character de-rezz it, and then re-rezz it again at full health? (losing the drones action in the process). Makes me wonder the worth of the regeneration field upgrade if that's the case.

No Wounds, but if someone wants to try to wreck it, use the Object rules in the core book.

But if I de-rezzed my Assault Drone and rezzed a Scout Drone it would be at full wounds right?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:11 am

Greymarch2000 wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

But if I de-rezzed my Assault Drone and rezzed a Scout Drone it would be at full wounds right?

Yes. Different drone. I have noted to clarify this.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”