On the restriction of some Perks to specific cosms.

Kamelion

Re: On the restriction of some Perks to specific cosms.

Postby Kamelion » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:08 pm

No worries :). I've always seen it as connection instead of carrying, but I have used the "carry your reality" shorthand before myself and it was really bugging me that I couldn't remember where it comes from!
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Stormchild

Postby Stormchild » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Kanaris wrote:Personally I would have occultech given a magic axiom as well (it is "occult" tech after all!), but a theoretical difficulty is Tharkold's magic axiom is not sufficient to support permanent magic items (though it is sufficient to support charged items, and perhaps occultech is "charged" by the bearer's psyche, and the rules at 161 state that "Even a 'clean' install imparts nightmares, pain, and occasional problems with impulse control" which is at least suggestive of residual magic, though it could just as easily be that Tech 25 cyberware has greater issues with cyberpsychosis).

I always liked the idea of the vril battery. Though in oTharkold there was not much info about it. I would like to have occultech powered by pain, either the wielder's pain or pain stored in a vril battery. Of course, the pain is only a means to extract Poss.
I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.

TiaMaster

Postby TiaMaster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Just comes down to the fact that it doesn't matter HOW you say it, characters used to be able to access their world laws.

Now, they cannot. So, a tenuous connection, but at least a connection.

Kanaris

Postby Kanaris » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Necanthrope wrote:
Kuildeous wrote:
Kanaris wrote:But looking specifically at occultech, it appears to be as good as Cyberpapal cyberware despite the different Tech axiom.

I have different rules editions in my head, so please forgive me if I'm jumping to a conclusion that isn't there.

I read it as Occultech is big and ugly and obvious. Cyberware's higher tech allows for chroming the cyberware so that it blends in more easily. You can actually hide cyberware.

The huge drawback of Occultech is the min STR 10 to get the perk.

Both excellent points. I have no doubt that the difference in Tech was intention (see p 161 where it is specifically noted), so it is one of Dean's "yes, I know" situations :lol: I suppose I was wondering more about the thinking behind it.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”