Archetypes MIA

Mike McCall

Re: Archetypes MIA

Postby Mike McCall » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:14 pm

utsukushi wrote:
Mike McCall wrote:Here's my collection of custom-built archetypes, for my one-shot binder. Hope they are useful to people.

Those are awesome, and some of the flavor text is excellent. Thank you!

I have one quick question and one thought;
Question: For the Mysterious Wizard, is there really any reason to start with points in the magic skills you don't have spells for? I actually asked someone else this, and he pointed out Scrolls, which will apparently require having the requisite Skill to use them -- but we don't actually have the rules for Scrolls yet, so...

And thought: For the Hardened Survivor, "Strong Willed" sounds good, but with only a one point difference between her Spirit and Strength anyway... would maybe Vengeful be a better choice? Then as she accumulates those Wounds that she will ignore the penalties for when she tests for Defeat, she'll also be able to hit back harder...

These are both good points. For the Wizard, it was a matter of letting the player branch out quickly if they wanted, but that's not a very compelling reason, especially since the advancement doesn't support it. For the Survivor, I was torn on my choices, so thanks for the perspective.

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:17 pm

JohnK wrote:Hullo, Mike,
Mike McCall wrote:Here's my collection of custom-built archetypes, for my one-shot binder. Hope they are useful to people.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UXm ... kRCVXNDb1k

Excellent job, Mike, and a great collection of Templates. What you've done here gives us all a good idea of the breadth and scope that character Templates (and thus player characters) can represent.

Question: The page with the background: Is this the way the page for the 16 official Archetypes will be done up?

Just a couple of things I noticed... For the Noble Barbarian, on the character sheet, the Strength is listed as 1, but I gather it should be an 11. And the Cyberpunk should perhaps be called a Cyber Punk? And I thought it was Pan Pacifica, not Pan-Pacifica (i.e., no comma).

Both pages of the sheet are based on the Dragon Warrior preview, though I will admit to tweaking the order a bit (and putting the quote on top, Feng Shui style)

Thanks for catching the typos.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Hullo, Mike,

Mike McCall wrote:
JohnK wrote:Hullo, Mike,
Excellent job, Mike, and a great collection of Templates. What you've done here gives us all a good idea of the breadth and scope that character Templates (and thus player characters) can represent.

Question: The page with the background: Is this the way the page for the 16 official Archetypes will be done up?

Just a couple of things I noticed... For the Noble Barbarian, on the character sheet, the Strength is listed as 1, but I gather it should be an 11. And the Cyberpunk should perhaps be called a Cyber Punk? And I thought it was Pan Pacifica, not Pan-Pacifica (i.e., no comma).

Both pages of the sheet are based on the Dragon Warrior preview, though I will admit to tweaking the order a bit (and putting the quote on top, Feng Shui style)

Thanks for catching the typos.

The Dragon Warrior preview? Where was that posted? (For the record, I can't keep up with all the message groups and forums about the game these days.) As for the quote, yeah, I like the quote. I could have sworn the old TORG game Templates had quotes as well, so this was something that I hoped Torg: Eternity would retain for its Templates.

As for the typos, my pleasure. :)

Let us know when the revised file goes up, please. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:44 pm

We used them as starting points. They are particualrly useful fro one-offs like convention games.

sandchigger

Postby sandchigger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Russtifer wrote:
Diskhotep wrote:I ran four games of my Nile Empire scenario, "The Hand of Anubis" at last weekend's convention. I made a bunch of pre-generated characters for the players to choose from, some of them conversions from the 1st edition world book and the rest originals:

Aysle - Curious Mage
Aysle - Knight Protector
Core Earth - Combat Medic
Core Earth - Intrepid Reporter
Cyberpapacy - Church Police Apostate
Cyberpapacy - Secret Agent
Living Land - Resourceful Survivor
Living Land - Vigilant Scout
Nile Empire - Adventurous Archaeologist
Nile Empire - Bitter Detective
Orrorsh - Inquisitive Alchemist
Orrorsh - Stern Preacher
Pan-Pacifica - Ex-Triad Enforcer
Pan-Pacifica - Ghost Syndicate Saboteur
Tharkold - Awakened Warrior
Tharkold - Blasted Land Guide

I'd be happy to share if anyone wants t

edited to add templates

Can you setup some links to download them? Maybe google drive or something?
Opps just figured out you did sorry.

Wait, they did? Where?

mrroderick

Postby mrroderick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Diskhotep wrote:I ran four games of my Nile Empire scenario, "The Hand of Anubis" at last weekend's convention. I made a bunch of pre-generated characters for the players to choose from, some of them conversions from the 1st edition world book and the rest originals:

Aysle - Curious Mage
Aysle - Knight Protector
Core Earth - Combat Medic
Core Earth - Intrepid Reporter
Cyberpapacy - Church Police Apostate
Cyberpapacy - Secret Agent
Living Land - Resourceful Survivor
Living Land - Vigilant Scout
Nile Empire - Adventurous Archaeologist
Nile Empire - Bitter Detective
Orrorsh - Inquisitive Alchemist
Orrorsh - Stern Preacher
Pan-Pacifica - Ex-Triad Enforcer
Pan-Pacifica - Ghost Syndicate Saboteur
Tharkold - Awakened Warrior
Tharkold - Blasted Land Guide

I'd be happy to share if anyone wants them.

edited to add templates

I'd like them. Have you put them somewhere public for download?

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:45 am

Hey, if you have a blank page for that background section, I'd also be much obliged. That way I could edit in my own text for the ones I'm making for here.

GREAT work, by the by!

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 am

JohnK wrote:The Dragon Warrior preview? Where was that posted? (For the record, I can't keep up with all the message groups and forums about the game these days.) As for the quote, yeah, I like the quote. I could have sworn the old TORG game Templates had quotes as well, so this was something that I hoped Torg: Eternity would retain for its Templates.

As for the typos, my pleasure. :)

Let us know when the revised file goes up, please. :)

I updated the file with the character changes and typos. I'm doing some more archetypes at the moment, but for now the update is in the same place (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UXm ... kRCVXNDb1k).

As for the Dragon Warrior, it was in the previews before the Kickstarter. Specifically here.

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:55 am

Wakshani wrote:Hey, if you have a blank page for that background section, I'd also be much obliged. That way I could edit in my own text for the ones I'm making for here.

GREAT work, by the by!

Thanks!

Since everything is done in PagePlus, I don't have an easy way to get a blank image for it. Here's a PDF of the homebrew sheet I use, with both the write-in character background, and a blank page. You should be able to pull it out of the PDF.

Ayaron

Postby Ayaron » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:33 am

Mike McCall wrote:I updated the file with the character changes and typos. I'm doing some more archetypes at the moment, but for now the update is in the same place (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UXm ... kRCVXNDb1k).

As for the Dragon Warrior, it was in the previews before the Kickstarter. Specifically here.

Working link...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UXm ... kRCVXNDb1k

:)

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”