Archetypes MIA

dev/null

Re: Archetypes MIA

Postby dev/null » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 am

utsukushi wrote: Question: For the Mysterious Wizard, is there really any reason to start with points in the magic skills you don't have spells for? I actually asked someone else this, and he pointed out Scrolls, which will apparently require having the requisite Skill to use them -- but we don't actually have the rules for Scrolls yet, so...

For consolidation of this question and response (from the Scroll Question thread, specifically using Fireball Scroll as example, hence Conjuration):

TorgHacker wrote:Scrolls work as the spell. So you have to make a conjuration test. Conjuration tests can't be done unskilled.

Effectively it's a temporary Perk that burns up after one use.

As for cost, we didn't have room to go into that. Purchasing magic items will be in the Aysle book.

TorgHacker wrote:Sorry, forgot to follow up on this.

It is in fact, treated 100% like the spell. You need a high enough skill.

We don't have the rules for them for purchasing them definitely, and maybe the basic usage should be included in Core Rules if US can find some room in the book (assuming it's not there; I haven't seen it yet.)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 am

They're not in there, and if it becomes an FAQ it'll be handled there.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:38 am

I think more games need to allow for PCs to flee. There is often a presumption at gaming tables that the situation right now needs to be dealt with right now.

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Hullo, Mike,

Mike McCall wrote:I updated the file with the character changes and typos. I'm doing some more archetypes at the moment, but for now the update is in the same place (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_UXm ... kRCVXNDb1k).

Thanks for the updated link, Mike, though it wasn't complete (but I saw someone put the full link in another post below yours). Looking forward to seeing other, new Templates as you add them to the file. Much obliged. :)

Mike McCall wrote:As for the Dragon Warrior, it was in the previews before the Kickstarter. Specifically here.

Ah, that's right. All the material for the new version of the game have blurred in my mind a little bit. Too many places to check, too much information at times. Thanks for the...reminder. :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Hobbes

Postby Hobbes » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:50 am

I haven't written the Bio for each one or run down artwork, but here is one Starting Storm Knight for each Realm. Use as NPCs or if you want to add to your collection of pre-gens.

Delphi Council Agent # 0738 - Alpha Clearance
Sabine Thomas

Bio: Sabine comes from a long line of suspected Storm Knights and Cryptid hunters. Her great grandfather was active in Le Resistance in WWII against actual Nazi Monsters. Her Grandfather was a paratrooper in the French Foreign Legion and her Grandmother was a Vietnamese double agent. Both were suspected to have a hand in stopping the *REDACTED* shortly before the fall of Dien Bien Phu. Her mother was in the ANSSI and her late father was American CIA. Both are suspected of being very active in pre-invasion cryptid hunting activities.

Sabine was transformed to the Cyberpapacy when the initial invasion began. Starting on Day 1 against the initial wave of demons and later against the Cyberpope. Sabine is responsible for the church arrest of a Pan-Pacifica agent, who approached Le Resistance with an offer of arms and support from Kawana corp. Sabine secured a majority of the shipment, and turned in the Agent to Church police after briefing the Kawana corp Agent on several fake intelligence leads.

Game info:
Archetype Cyberpapacy Fixer

Attributes
Strength 7, Spirit 8, Dexterity 9, Charisma 10, Mind 6

Skills
Persuasion +3; Fire Combat +3; Dodge +1; Streetwise +1; Trick +3; Taunt +1; Intimidate +1; Reality +1; Maneuver +1; Stealth +1

Perks
Cyberware; [Bellview 20-20, Cyberham Fingerprint Mimic, Cyberham Retina Mimic, CSI Eyekill Mark IV, Bellview Low-light, Cyberham Encrypted Coms, Trigon Integrated Weapon Mount with MAS Storm Shotgun.]

Wealthy

Equipment
Plexiflex Shield (+3); Plexiflex Sheathing (+3); Augmented Reality HUD; Cyberdeck; Hologram Clasp; Identity Scrambler; Projection Clothing; Electronic Lock Pick; Wall Crawlers; Smartgun Attachment(x2); Barrett M82; Smart Ammo(x2); Armor Piercing Ammo; 2 units C-9; Armored Briefcase; Slap Patch; Mobile Phone; Ammo Belt/Web Belt;

Delphi Council Agent # 3658 - Alpha Clearance
T’Kitz

Bio: T’Kitz joined the Delphi Council around day 60. He came out of the Living Land mist at the head of a column of survivors. Apparently having been a key part of leading them to Core Earth lines. Originally he was going to head back into the Living Land to assist more survivors but a Delphi Council Storm Knight convinced T’Kitz to coordinate with the Delphi Council. Obviously information before that is essentially unconfirmed and comes from his interview, but has been cleared by Delphi Council Telepaths. T’Kitz claims to be a Redjaw Jakkat willing to help Core Earth against Baruk Kaah. T’Kitz’s willingness to fight Baruk Kaah and his agents is frighteningly genuine and borders on recklessness.

T’Kitz’s most striking feature is the elaborate body art. Nearly his entire body is covered in Red and Blue tattoos and piercings. His body art and fondness of Core Earth music has endeared him to several of the local Council interns.

Game info:
Archetype Edeinos Brawler

Attributes
Strength 10, Spirit 10, Dexterity 10, Charisma 5, Mind 5

Skills
Unarmed Combat +3; Dodge +1; Trick +3; Taunt +3; Intimidate +1; Reality +1; Maneuver +1; Stealth +1; Faith +2;

Perks
Deathclaw; Whiptail

Equipment
Creature Shell (+1)
Hrockt Root Armor (+2)
Holy Symbol
Elaborate Tribal Tattoos and Piercings

Delphi Council Agent # 1250 - Alpha Clearance
Neith

Bio: Born Kiya Nimr in Cairo, became a political activist during the “Arab Spring” of 2010. Arrested and released twice by age 25. Kiya was a day one Storm Knight, immediately joining the fight against the High Lords. Kiya now prefers to be call Neith, the ancient Egyptian Goddess that Kiya claims her power flows from.

Neith, has identified strongly with the warrior goddess and her protective role of women. She wears a distinctive red crown, imagery that is traditionally associated with the ancient goddess she claims to champion.

Game info:
Archetype Nile Action Heroine

Attributes
Strength 10 (12), Spirit 8, Dexterity 8, Charisma 7, Mind 7

Skills
Melee Combat +3 (+7 Favored); Dodge +1; Maneuver +3; Find +3; Reality +3; Taunt +1; Trick +1; Intimidate +1

Perks
Super Attribute Strength; Enhancement +2 ; Major Limitation Does Not work on Women.
Super Skill Melee Combat; Enhancement Favored; Enhancement +4; Major Limitation Does Not work on Women. Minor Limitation - Red Crown of Neith needs to be worn and visible & Power ceases to function for remainder of Scene on a Mishap.

Equipment
Medium Shield
Halberd
Elven Chain

Delphi Council Agent # 0666 - Alpha Clearance
Aarav Laghari

Bio: Aarav began the invasion as Assistant Professor Laghari at the University of Calicut. He spent the first three weeks of the invasion relearning basic chemistry under the guidance of a Victorian alchemist. His Moment of Crisis occurred when one of the Gaunt Man’s horrors began stalking students on the campus. Aarav and his Victorian mentor began hunting the beast.

Aarav survived, his instructor did not. Aarav taught the basics of Alchemy to several young students and transcribed as much of the Victorian’s notes and journals as possible. Aarav joined the Delphi Council once the new department was running.

Game info:
Archetype Ororrish Alchemist

Attributes
Strength 6, Spirit 8, Dexterity 9, Charisma 7, Mind 10

Skills
Scholar +1; Science +3; Tracking +1; Reality +3; Trick +1; Evidence Analysis +1 ; Find +1; Dodge +1; Unarmed +1; Fire Combat +3
Perks
Bulletsmith; Default load out Explosive Shell x2 ; Admant Shell x3; Electric Shell
Alchemy; Elixir of Enhancement (Mind); Elixir of Enhancement (Dexterity); Thunder Brew

Equipment
Monster Hide Duster
Webbley Revolver
Bulletsmith Kit
Alchemy Kit

Delphi Council Agent # 3695 - Alpha Clearance
Jim Smith

Bio: Mr. Smith has always been a believer. In pretty much everything. Crystals, crop circles, big foot, UFOs… Before the invasion started, they started working. Just a little, and only every now and then. Then more, then regularly. Then the invasion and it all came together. Well, it all came apart really. But for Jimmy, it all came together.

Jimmy is a wannabe hippy and basically a total tool. But his ability to manipulate Reality, Magic, Psionics, and Miracles is incredibly powerful. Which makes him a useful tool for the Delphi Council.

Game info:
Archetype Core Earth Dabbler

Attributes
Strength 6, Spirit 10, Dexterity 7, Charisma 7, Mind 10

Skills
Reality +1; Faith +1 (New Age); Precognition +1; Kinesis +3; Alteration +1; Apportation +2; Dodge +3; Taunt +1; Find +1; Evidence Analysis +1; Scholar +1
Perks
Spellcaster; Mage Hands; Open Lock; Scrambler
Psionics - Awareness; Pyrokinesis; TK Barrier
Equipment
Kevlar Vest
Riot Shield
Machete
Night Vision Goggles
Rope 10m
Multi Tool
Caltrops

Delphi Council Agent # 3658 - Alpha Clearance
Shinta Ito

Bio:
Pending

Game info:
Archetype Pan-Pacific Psi

Attributes
Strength 6, Spirit 8, Dexterity 10, Charisma 10, Mind 6

Skills
Reality +1; Dodge +1; Unarmed +1; Fire Combat +3; Streetwise +1; Persuasion +1; Trick +3; Taunt +1; Telepathy +3

Perks
Indomitable
Psionic - Cloud Mind; Copycat; Mind Sense

Equipment
Plexiflex Sheathing
Plexiflex Shield
SC Kyogo 144 SMG
Smoke Pellets

Delphi Council Agent # 7561 - Alpha Clearance
Dina Petrova, A.K.A. The Juggernaut

Bio:
Pending

Game info:
Archetype Tharkholdy Super Psi

Attributes
Strength 10, Spirit 10, Dexterity 8, Charisma 6, Mind 6

Skills
Reality +1; Kinesis +3; Stealth +1; Taunt +3; Dodge +1; Melee Weapons +3; Trick +3; Lock picking +1

Perks
Occultech Implants Zan Endoskeleton Mk III
Psionics; Strangle, Mend, Energize

Equipment
Electric Katana
Plexiflex Shield
Slap Patch

Delphi Council Agent # 9142 - Alpha Clearance
Falael Aero

Bio: Falael seems to be fairly typical for a Wood Elf. He reluctantly joined the Delphi Council only after the benefits of cooperation with other Storm Knights were clear. His entrance interview was a volley of arrows outlining the interviewer that were launched in a blur too fast for the camera to capture.

Falael’s normal approach is to study from a hidden position. Find an opening and launch a furious assault from hiding. Secure or destroy whatever the objective or weakness, and then disappear again.

Game info:
Archetype Aysle Elf Warden Mage

Attributes
Strength 7, Spirit 8, Dexterity 8, Charisma 6, Mind 11

Skills
Stealth +1; Tracking +1; Reality +1; Alteration +3 ; Find +1; Evidence Analysis +1; Taunt +3; Maneuver +1; Missile weapon +2; Dodge +1; scholar +1

Perks
Warden
Spellcasting; Enhance, Stun, Haste

Equipment
Elven Chain
Composite Bow
Quiver
Hemp Rope
Backpack
Spell Component Bag
Lock Picks
Caltrops
Torch *2

Mike McCall

Postby Mike McCall » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:48 pm

My second round of archetypes. These focused mainly on "caster" types. With the exception of Aysle cleric and Tharkold adept (mage), I think that this covers every cosm/caster combination available.

I also tossed in a few extras I wanted to get in there.

File here.

ProfessorK

Postby ProfessorK » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:12 pm

We should probably start a sticky community archetypes thread?

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Hullo, ProfessorK,

ProfessorK wrote:We should probably start a sticky community archetypes thread?

Personally, I think a section of the TORG ETERNITY forums here need a place where one can put fan-created materials in separate threads, headed things like, "Archetype: [Name of Archetype]", "Scenario: The Court of the Jester King", actual characters, and the like. The forums are starting to get unsortable in this regard, because of some of the designed material being discussed and presented under threads that have no relation to them directly. Just sayin'.

You listening, Ulisses? :)
=====
"They're High Lords, for God's sake! You can't just walk up to one and say, "How you doing? Feel like dying now?" you know!" - Abraham Horowitz, priest

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Diskhotep

Postby Diskhotep » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Sorry about the delay, but here is a link to the archetypes I used at KantCon this summer. Please note that I just gave each character equipment appropriate to the template, so a few may have gone over the $1k limit. Also, I make no claims on any of the artwork I used for the characters, so if it belongs to anyone here and you want me to remove it, please let me know.

I have removed the link and would like to thank Dean for the reminder that an artist's works are their own. I really wasn't thinking things through when I made these, and especially when I posted them. My apologies to anyone involved.

I will repost the characters I made in a more appropriate form soon.
Last edited by Diskhotep on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:58 pm

You really shouldn't use someone's art without permission. That's how they put food on the table.

And it's doubly worse when you don't credit them.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”