http://www.ulisses-us.com/TorgEternityW ... ?title=FAQ
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Re: Torg Eternity FAQ

Postby Kuildeous » Wed May 09, 2018 9:48 am

One thing I should point out is that one of the solutions to:

Q: We have a small Storm Knight group (2 or 3 players) and we find that there aren’t enough Possibilities in play, and combats are quite tough. Any suggestions?

Is to:

Attack with minions individually rather than with a Combined Action.

As I have discovered, having the minions attack individually makes it harder on the Storm Knights, so this should not be suggested for a group whose players are already struggling.

Or to boil it all down to a simplified example, having 4 edeinos mooks attack with one die roll may be more likely to hit, but they only do damage once. Barring lucky rolls, they'll likely do 2 shock and maybe 1 wound. On the other hand, if all 4 attack individually, if only two of them hit, then that'll likely double the damage—again, barring lucky rolls.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

TorgHacker

Re: Torg Eternity FAQ

Postby TorgHacker » Wed May 09, 2018 9:57 am

Kuildeous wrote:One thing I should point out is that one of the solutions to:

Q: We have a small Storm Knight group (2 or 3 players) and we find that there aren’t enough Possibilities in play, and combats are quite tough. Any suggestions?

Is to:

Attack with minions individually rather than with a Combined Action.

As I have discovered, having the minions attack individually makes it harder on the Storm Knights, so this should not be suggested for a group whose players are already struggling.

Or to boil it all down to a simplified example, having 4 edeinos mooks attack with one die roll may be more likely to hit, but they only do damage once. Barring lucky rolls, they'll likely do 2 shock and maybe 1 wound. On the other hand, if all 4 attack individually, if only two of them hit, then that'll likely double the damage—again, barring lucky rolls.

Whoops. Meant that for the "having it too easy" one. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”