Three Glories

MadSci

Re: Three Glories

Postby MadSci » Sat May 12, 2018 7:53 pm

One thing I've wondered about is if there is any war level benefit to Glory Cards played in Core Earth. It's not a zone with stelae boundaries so it comes down to one possibility and an extra card for an act. Maybe the tale could be told to re-energize a zone of the realm battled. The wounding caused by the Nashville incident could be healed zone by zone as a house rule, although this bit of story has the feel of developer gleeful cackling in the background.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Sat May 12, 2018 10:21 pm

MadSci wrote:One thing I've wondered about is if there is any war level benefit to Glory Cards played in Core Earth. It's not a zone with stelae boundaries so it comes down to one possibility and an extra card for an act. Maybe the tale could be told to re-energize a zone of the realm battled. The wounding caused by the Nashville incident could be healed zone by zone as a house rule, although this bit of story has the feel of developer gleeful cackling in the background.

The Law of Glory is sort of a let down in this regard. Would be nice to see it "buffed" in some way. And though I'm against nerfs implemented with plot events (not what the Nashville incident was, but sort of the same result if not intent) I like the idea of buffs through such means.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat May 12, 2018 10:24 pm

There was a fair bit of discussion about it, decided not to in the end.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

cloudshaper2k

Postby cloudshaper2k » Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 am

MadSci wrote:One thing I've wondered about is if there is any war level benefit to Glory Cards played in Core Earth. It's not a zone with stelae boundaries so it comes down to one possibility and an extra card for an act. Maybe the tale could be told to re-energize a zone of the realm battled. The wounding caused by the Nashville incident could be healed zone by zone as a house rule, although this bit of story has the feel of developer gleeful cackling in the background.

Perhaps Glory results in Core Earth inspire new Storm Knights? Have the team's DC briefing officer a session later thank them for their efforts in such-and-such a city and they've had great success recruiting new Knights as a result. Maybe even have an NPC operative mention they were the ones who showed them how to really be a hero.

RamblingScribe

Postby RamblingScribe » Sun May 13, 2018 3:24 pm

The law of glory is still pretty useful in mixed zones.

I do think it would be good if Glories in core earth either helped the world recover from the Nashville incident or making it more likely that new invading zones would be mixed CE zones.

lurkingowl

Postby lurkingowl » Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Hrmm. I don't like this change. :(

But if you're going to adjust the rules here @torghacker, is there any chance you can adjust the way Storyteller works so that it has some impact on the way the Glory rules work? Something simple like extending the time a Glory remains potent by a month would make it actually meaningful in the stelae war, and even moreso with 3 simultaneous Glories needed.

It seem particularly important if you're saying it might take weeks for a Glory card to re-fill ords, but then end within a month. That's a very tight window.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon May 14, 2018 3:33 pm

lurkingowl wrote:Hrmm. I don't like this change. :(

But if you're going to adjust the rules here @torghacker, is there any chance you can adjust the way Storyteller works so that it has some impact on the way the Glory rules work?

Sorry, but no. We're working on new stuff at this point. If there's something that's not clear, or something that contradicts other things in the Corebook, we can look at it, but we're not making material changes to the corebook.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

sandchigger

Postby sandchigger » Mon May 14, 2018 3:41 pm

lurkingowl wrote:Hrmm. I don't like this change. :(

But if you're going to adjust the rules here @torghacker, is there any chance you can adjust the way Storyteller works so that it has some impact on the way the Glory rules work? Something simple like extending the time a Glory remains potent by a month would make it actually meaningful in the stelae war, and even moreso with 3 simultaneous Glories needed.

It seem particularly important if you're saying it might take weeks for a Glory card to re-fill ords, but then end within a month. That's a very tight window.

Just wait for the Core Earth book to come out with the Tale Teller merit or something that'll extend the Glory effect. Or, yanno, make one up for yourself.

Big Lurker

Postby Big Lurker » Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Well, maybe the change will discourage characters from following in the Storm Breakers footsteps. I know one of the PCs in my gaming group would consider the deaths 'acceptable losses', along with occasional justification that the transformed are 'aiding the enemy'...

sandchigger

Postby sandchigger » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Big Lurker wrote:Well, maybe the change will discourage characters from following in the Storm Breakers footsteps. I know one of the PCs in my gaming group would consider the deaths 'acceptable losses', along with occasional justification that the transformed are 'aiding the enemy'...

Aren't the PCs supposed to be heroes? "Fuck em all, let God sort em out"isn't terribly heroic

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”