Interraction vs godlike stealth

Alukar

Interraction vs godlike stealth

Postby Alukar » Sun May 20, 2018 9:03 am

One of my player built a 15 dex, +9 stealth character.
I highly doubt we will see him the whole session. :lol:
He has obvious Mind and charisma weakness and obviously i will want to exploit them.

My basic question is can i make an interraction attack vs someone stealthed.
My guess is yes but you need to be aware he is there and the player might need a visual contact.
There is a lot of dm call there. Just wanna your opinion or official ruling if there is.

Thanks in advance, again. :)

Aenno

Re: Interraction vs godlike stealth

Postby Aenno » Sun May 20, 2018 9:08 am

Well, I believe there is Gloater ability.
"Anytime taunt or intimidation are Approved Actions, a Gloater may affect the entire party of player characters without incurring any Multi-Target penalties. The interaction atack doesn’t affect the party’s allies, only the player characters themselves.
This results in the interaction effect (Stymied, Vulnerable, or Player’s Call) and takes a Destiny card at random from each of their hands."
I argue fiercely, but I never believed disagreement should be capital offence.

I'm editing my posts often. English isn't my native language, and I'm doing a lot of mistakes; that, with thoughtful rereading, I often found and want to edit.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 am

Alukar wrote:One of my player built a 15 dex, +9 stealth character.
I highly doubt we will see him the whole session. :lol:
He has obvious Mind and charisma weakness and obviously i will want to exploit them.

My basic question is can i make an interraction attack vs someone stealthed.
My guess is yes but you need to be aware he is there and the player might need a visual contact.
There is a lot of dm call there. Just wanna your opinion or official ruling if there is.

Thanks in advance, again. :)

How did he manage a +9 stealth?

Anyways, yes, you can make an interaction attack well, at least trick, taunt, or intimidation...maneuver may be a bit silly). And there aren't penalties for doing so if you don't know where the target is. You might grant him a penalty, but it's your call. Either way, Player's Call his min/maxing ass into the light. ;-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Aenno

Postby Aenno » Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am

TorgHacker wrote:How did he manage a +9 stealth?

Basic 5 + Mastery + Super Skill allowing to have +10 in some skill. +12 if Super Skill enhanced.

I'm editing my posts often. English isn't my native language, and I'm doing a lot of mistakes; that, with thoughtful rereading, I often found and want to edit.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun May 20, 2018 9:43 am

So this isn't a starting character then?
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Aenno

Postby Aenno » Sun May 20, 2018 9:56 am

TorgHacker wrote:So this isn't a starting character then?

Ah. I didn't noticed "No skill may have more than three points assigned to it during character creation." Sorry, my fault. So it's +7 max on generation, I believe?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun May 20, 2018 10:20 am

Aenno wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:So this isn't a starting character then?

Ah. I didn't noticed "No skill may have more than three points assigned to it during character creation." Sorry, my fault. So it's +7 max on generation, I believe?

+3 then +4 with an Enhanced Super Skill, yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Alukar

Postby Alukar » Sun May 20, 2018 10:38 am

Thanks for pointing this out.
Will correct it to +7.
The question stay the same tough. ;)

Thanks for the gloater comment. Taking notes.
But what about normal interraction like trick or taunt? Those are the one interesting me. :)

Thanks again Deanna!
Last edited by Alukar on Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sun May 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Taunt / Intimidate is easy if the interactor (?) knows there's someone out there. "You're a coward / I'm scary!" If the stealther doesn't ever make himself known, then he's not doing anything to affect the encounter, so that's fine.

One trick is to for the interactor to make themselves seem vulnerable, in order to get the stealther to make an attack or something else to reveal himself.

Sunrunner

Postby Sunrunner » Mon May 21, 2018 9:39 am

Gloater is a good one, you can also rule in the case of intimidation and supernatural fear auras and such that its his reaction to the bad guy thats important, not the bad guy targeting him.

Also I will say as a frequent GM if hes just hiding and doing nothing to effect the bad guys then hes not really there and he is not contributing to the fight and my actively hurt the team, as most encounters are set up with X enemies per player. I would not change how many Gospog the darkness device teleports in when they go to uproot a Steala. If he refuses to come out of the shadows, then the other players get 2 more Gospog to deal with etc. Also stealth is good and all, but unless he has some kinda invisibility or something some times stealth is just not possible no matter how good you are. When it comes to walking down the very well lit 50ft long hall with completely smooth walls and not even a single molecule of dust for cover unless hes got invisibility or some kinda of predator camo effect going he gets spotted by the guards at the guard post on the other end no matter how good his stealth check is. I know the electric samurai can get a chameleon option on their armor but I am pretty sure that is only while standing still, so not gonna help getting down the hall way. I bring it up because its one of the hide in plain sight abilities I can come up with off the top of my head.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”