Postby sandchigger » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:46 am

TorgHacker wrote:Er....no.

Translation: not anymore it isn't

Kuildeous

Re: Buying off limitations

Postby Kuildeous » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:26 am

Er….great guess! *furious scribbling*
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:00 pm

utsukushi wrote:I wouldn't let Limitations and Enhancements cross between Powers. There's no official limit to the number of Limitations that can be on a power, so someone could take one Power they don't really care about, fill it up with Limitations, and use those to buy Enhancements for all their other powers. "My Electro Ray only works on non-human men during the day and fails if I'm Stymied or Wounded and also doesn't work in either Standard or Dramatic Scenes. So that's six Major Limitations, balancing out Charisma, Control, and Power for Mind Control and Acrobatics, Control, and Speed for Flight. ...Also, my Electro Ray is in a gadget that needs two hands, won't work if I get KO'd, can't be used in Melee, won't work on anyone wearing pink and, of course, can't be used if I'm using another power. So that should cover all the Enhancements for when I buy Super Dexterity and Super Melee Weapons later."

This^ is true.

However, regarding the completely different situation of using the Unlimited (because that's what I'm calling it until I hear otherwise!) Perk to buy off one minor limitation from Power A and one from Power B, I don't see any issue with it. You're still keeping all Powers discrete -- all Limitations remain firmly bound to each Power -- so there's really no potential for abuse or weird rules issues.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Heketon

Postby Heketon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am

Great I did a search for this!

This was the question one of my players presented to me. I'll link him this thread so he can read it.

I imagine for the time being if the player can properly roleplay the situation as how they were able to buy off the limitation (and use a perk) then it should be fine.

Thank you!

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”