Regarding the Living Land Backer Archetypes

mistervimes

Regarding the Living Land Backer Archetypes

Postby mistervimes » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:52 am

• The Ruins Seeker and Edeinos Eidolon do not have the Edeinos Racial abilities listed. Is this a typo or should the cosm be Core Earth?
  • The Apex Predator, Lost One and Sunwing Ace do not list the Natural Weapons racial ability. I assume this is a typo?
  • The Hunter of Lanala perk (Apex Predator) does not have a category. I assume the category is Edeinos?
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

TorgHacker

Re: Regarding the Living Land Backer Archetypes

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 am

mistervimes wrote:
  • The Ruins Seeker and Edeinos Eidolon do not have the Edeinos Racial abilities listed. Is this a typo or should the cosm be Core Earth?

Edeinos don't lose their racial abilities if they transform. Only the Edeinos category Perks. So the fact that they don't have the racial abilities listed isn't indicative of anything.

• The Apex Predator, Lost One and Sunwing Ace do not list the Natural Weapons racial ability. I assume this is a typo?

• They have Bite/Claws listed as Weapons. So, no.

• The Hunter of Lanala perk (Apex Predator) does not have a category. I assume the category is Edeinos?

• Yeah. It has Chameleon Skin as a prereq, which is an Edeinos Perk.
    Deanna Gilbert
    Torg Eternity designer
    Ulisses North America

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Thank you.
    "He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 pm

mistervimes wrote:

As the Creator of the Ruins Seeker, I can assure you, it is a Living Land character. And yes it should have Edeinos Racial Abilities. That was an oversight. I humbly apologize for that.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:23 pm

The Sunwing, like the transformed edeinos in the batch of regular archetypes, seems to have forgotten it can’t keep Edeinos perks as a Core Earth character. Or maybe non-LL edeinos can have the racial perks?

Wakshani

Postby Wakshani » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:26 am

A few small blips.

YOUNG SURVIVOR
    Perk listed as Situational Awareness, Effect as if the Perk was Natural Leader.

CANNY SCIENTIST
    Perk listed as Situational Awareness, Effect as if the Perk was Natural Leader.

GRANT POSSIBILITIES
    On both the Inspiring DJ and Canny Scientist, the perk reads as if it was only for Soak rolls, rather than general use. Is this an intentional change from the core rules, a clarification, or a small error? Not sure on this one.

Nitpicks aside, the concepts are faboo, I salute each and every one of the designers, and I quietly push Luchador off of my table … no biggie, I can replace what I had. *sniffle* :D

((And condolences for the two gamers lost. I'd have made one myself for my dearly-departed first Torg GM had I the money to spare. Torches lit, yo.))

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 am

Spatula wrote:The Sunwing, like the transformed edeinos in the batch of regular archetypes, seems to have forgotten it can’t keep Edeinos perks as a Core Earth character. Or maybe non-LL edeinos can have the racial perks?

Edeinos racial abilities are specific to the Race not the Cosm. They should still have the Outsider and Bite/Claws regardless of Cosm.

Atama

Postby Atama » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:
    Spatula wrote:The Sunwing, like the transformed edeinos in the batch of regular archetypes, seems to have forgotten it can’t keep Edeinos perks as a Core Earth character. Or maybe non-LL edeinos can have the racial perks?

Edeinos racial abilities are specific to the Race not the Cosm. They should still have the Outsider and Bite/Claws regardless of Cosm.

Exactly. Don’t confuse Perks (which are cosm-specific) with Racial Abilities (which are available to all members of that race regardless of cosm).
    “You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
    -TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Spatula is correct in that there's an issue here...the issue actually is the Perk.
    Deanna Gilbert
    Torg Eternity designer
    Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:33 am

This isn't the first time we've seen this mistake. An edeinos who has transformed to Core Earth cannot have Edeinos perks, yet I think every single one of the transformed-edeinos backer archetypes has ignored this rule. :/

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”