What all can you launch with a grenade launcher?

Bazoinka

What all can you launch with a grenade launcher?

Postby Bazoinka » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:03 pm

The GM-94 Launcher says its "Designed for fragmentation grenades or offensive grenades" and "It has also proven adept at launching salvaged technodemon explosives." So obviously it can launch fragmentation and offensive. Can it also launch other types of grenades (Disruptor or Flash)? Can you launch Mim Shredder Mines, considering they are "salvaged technodemon explosives" that "can be carried by a person, set with just an action, or even thrown into position to activate"?

Big Lurker

Re: What all can you launch with a grenade launcher?

Postby Big Lurker » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 pm

I'd say they would have to be modified for it; either by a PC with the appropriate skill, or boost the cost a little. Remember, grenades for a launcher aren't the usual 'pull pin and throw' type, they're special ammo grenades. Of course, GM approval, Rule of Cool, and action movies physics may apply. FYI, would not want to mishap with a shredder 'grenade'...

Padre

Postby Padre » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:57 am

As was said above, yes, I would allow mim shredder mines, or the equivalent. I'd also allow any of the others you listed as standard, as well as smoke, birdshot, bean bag, and any other that can be requisitioned for the M-203.

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 pm

As a side note: don't be afraid to allow/use a grenade launcher for outside-the-box uses.

I, personally, have used one as an M-203 Field Expedient Rock Tester. (The rock we tested was "Hard")

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”