Nile Empire Kickstarter

Count Thalim

Nile Empire Kickstarter

Postby Count Thalim » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:00 pm

We have a date! *Does happy little dance*

November 20th, so still a month away :shock: But the clock is definitely ticking.

So what do we think the higher tier special will be this time?
We've had the Delphi Council and destroy your own city. I'm gambling on something akin to Name/Describe a Bad Guy. We have multiple governors out there after all.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Padre

Re: Nile Empire Kickstarter

Postby Padre » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm already saving up for it. I'm hoping it'll be about $200 for the box again. Also, this gives us an approximate time frame for the rest of the cosm books, with Kickstarters running in Nov, March, and July, as they've said they would be going to every four months for the rest of them.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:09 pm

If it is $200 I hope we will have a wider range of items in it. Not sure how many Dice and GM screens I really need.
I'll probably still get it. I'm pretty much committed for the full set of boxes now.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Big Lurker

Postby Big Lurker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:29 pm

My guess would be 'create a doomsday device' that had been used/thwarted during the invasion...

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:01 pm

I certainly can't imagine the boxes will be more -- I don't think they realistically can ask for more on a supplement's box than they did for the core set. But I'm very much hoping they will be less expensive with, frankly, less stuff. The LL totally priced me out of the box game - I just can't even consider dropping almost $2000 on one game, no matter how much I like it. But a $100 box without all the repetitive stuff? I'd be down for that.

That said, I can't really complain. (I know! Me! Unable to complain! How does that even happen??) Other than the "collector" aspect, I was very happy with the way they handled it -- I was absolutely able to put together the set of things I wanted through Add Ons. So - and I say this because they said they were experimenting a bit - if they do handle it almost exactly the way they did the Living Land, I won't be at all unhappy. And if they can actually get people to pay $200 every time to have All The Boxes, I can't really blame them. I'm just not one of those people.

(And... just to be clear - I know I said this at the time, but it has been a while: I did NOT think the box was overpriced or gouging or anything for what it had in it. It's just that a whole lot of what it had in it felt unnecessary. So that is why I say I'm hoping for less expensive with less stuff, and not just less expensive.)

Atama

Postby Atama » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:17 pm

I just want a chance to get more of those cool dice.

I opted for them in this last Kickstarter but they ended up not being able to deliver and I had to get a refund. :(

I just have the single D6 and D20 I got from the original KS.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:06 am

I like the cosm specific GM screens as it means I don't have to take up table space with the screen and cosm tent card. Also new screen with new art is a very visual reminder the PCs are in a new cosm.

I'm on board with collecting all the boxes, even if storage becomes an issue, but I would rather see less items at a lower cost than more repeats.

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:08 pm

utsukushi wrote:(And... just to be clear - I know I said this at the time, but it has been a while: I did NOT think the box was overpriced or gouging or anything for what it had in it. It's just that a whole lot of what it had in it felt unnecessary. So that is why I say I'm hoping for less expensive with less stuff, and not just less expensive.)

I agree. The Box had about $50 more stuff in it than buying everything separately, plus a bunch of stuff that you couldn't get without it.
But the value of the duplications was the issue as I saw it.

Anyway we had the discussion at the time and the new box will be locked down at this stage. I'm looking forward to it regardless of which way they decide to go.

The other thing to remember is that while this is a hobby to us, to UNA it is a business as well. It needs to be profitable to them and if the $180 price point is what it takes for that then...
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

johnomar

Postby johnomar » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:19 am

So is Nov. 20th still a go for the Nile Empire Kickstarter? I know Ulisses North America is deep in Living Land physical fulfillment but I was hoping for a preview of what to expect in the Nile Empire Kickstarter. Anyone have information I've somehow missed?

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:55 am

johnomar wrote:So is Nov. 20th still a go for the Nile Empire Kickstarter? I know Ulisses North America is deep in Living Land physical fulfillment but I was hoping for a preview of what to expect in the Nile Empire Kickstarter. Anyone have information I've somehow missed?

Update from yesterday here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3252
TorgHacker wrote:And here's the word:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

We have decided to move the launch of the Nile Empire Kickstarter to Wednesday, November 28th.

We want to do this so that we can launch once a majority of backers for the Living Land Kickstarter have their rewards. We estimate that approximately 75% of backers should have their packages by the time we launch on the 28th.

We will post specific reward tier information early next week so that you can plan your pledge. See you then!
Non-denominational "Devil's Advocate"

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”