Nile Empire Kickstarter

TorgHacker

Re: Nile Empire Kickstarter

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 am

Zackzenobi wrote:Cant wait to see the New Nile Empire backer Archetypes!!

Hoping mine makes it past Darrell! :D

We really do have a pretty open policy with those. As long as it's not something super silly or offensive, they'll pass. Might need some tweaks, but they'll pass.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:14 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Zackzenobi wrote:Cant wait to see the New Nile Empire backer Archetypes!!

Hoping mine makes it past Darrell! :D

We really do have a pretty open policy with those. As long as it's not something super silly or offensive, they'll pass. Might need some tweaks, but they'll pass.

Cool, sticking w my idea we talked about. Hope the Perk doesnt get tweaked too hard.

Padre

Postby Padre » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Gargoyle wrote:You know, all I want for Christmas is if we could get a bare bones version of the rules for horrors in Relics of Power to make Manwaring (or some other major Orrorsh villain) truly terrifying and get that horror movie feel instead of having to wait until the Orrorsh book. May not be feasible for part one at this point, but maybe part 2?

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but we already have an example of what horrors and true deaths will look like in Torg: Eternity in Prayers to a Dying Tree in the Delphi Missions: Living Land book. I haven't run it yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so at some point. If for no other reason than one of my players has told me she doesn't like worms... Yes, I'm an evil GM, redundant as that may be.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Padre wrote:
Gargoyle wrote:You know, all I want for Christmas is if we could get a bare bones version of the rules for horrors in Relics of Power to make Manwaring (or some other major Orrorsh villain) truly terrifying and get that horror movie feel instead of having to wait until the Orrorsh book. May not be feasible for part one at this point, but maybe part 2?

Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but we already have an example of what horrors and true deaths will look like in Torg: Eternity in Prayers to a Dying Tree in the Delphi Missions: Living Land book. I haven't run it yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so at some point. If for no other reason than one of my players has told me she doesn't like worms... Yes, I'm an evil GM, redundant as that may be.

Ooo, good catch haven't read all of that yet. And some GM's are more evil than others, I've been told I'm pretty far on the evil spectrum, perhaps even eeeviiiilll.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:24 pm

The funny thing is, most of the really good GMs are also pretty evil.

Gargoyle

Postby Gargoyle » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:40 pm

utsukushi wrote:The funny thing is, most of the really good GMs are also pretty evil.

I had to ease off when one of my players started putting her anti-anxiety medication on the table for easy access. Not kidding.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:36 am

Really hoping the Nile Empire doesnt take as long to ship as Living Land did. Not just for the Nile Empire, I'm looking forward to seeing if they came up with an angle to make Aysle less plain Vanilla.

mistervimes

Postby mistervimes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 am

Kamelion wrote:...I reworked most of the Aysle sequence. I kept the meeting with goblins, but the rest of that Act involved infiltrating a transformed organised crime gang's base in an old power station. I threw Lekmon from "Queenswrath" in there too, to complicate things.

Please tell me that you kept Lance, the transformed Lance-Missile-Golem. That was my favorite part. :D
"He was an unshaven collection of bad habits marinated in alcohol, morose, cynical and ridiculously soft-hearted. One of Nature's policemen; his soul burns to arrest the Creator for getting it wrong."" - (Terry Pratchett)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 am

Zackzenobi wrote:Really hoping the Nile Empire doesnt take as long to ship as Living Land did. Not just for the Nile Empire, I'm looking forward to seeing if they came up with an angle to make Aysle less plain Vanilla.

Well, eventually we need to stop hitting all new bizarre things to slow down shipping...

As for making Aysle less vanilla, YMMV of course. One thing to keep in mind is that it's intended to be the 'non-Core Earth' cosm that is familiar to most new players. However, I _do_ like what Darrell, Dominick, and Greg have done with it... certainly a lot better than anything I would have done.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kamelion

Postby Kamelion » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 am

mistervimes wrote:
Kamelion wrote:...I reworked most of the Aysle sequence. I kept the meeting with goblins, but the rest of that Act involved infiltrating a transformed organised crime gang's base in an old power station. I threw Lekmon from "Queenswrath" in there too, to complicate things.

Please tell me that you kept Lance, the transformed Lance-Missile-Golem. That was my favorite part. :D

Absolutely. Lance is a required element, I feel. My players were less enthusiastic about his appearance, of course... :lol:
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”