Nile Empire Kickstarter

utsukushi

Re: Nile Empire Kickstarter

Postby utsukushi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:58 pm

My LL tracking info says it should be here on the 20th, so I estimate 100% of the important backers will have it then! *sigh* I guess it's polite of them to wait for the rest of you, though.

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:14 pm

I haven't even gotten an email yet :(

Then I need to contend with the strike by Canada Post. So might have it in the new year :(

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:11 pm

fougerec wrote:I haven't even gotten an email yet :(

Then I need to contend with the strike by Canada Post. So might have it in the new year :(

Canada Post's strike is currently rotating, so as long as they continue that you might have a couple of days delay, but that should be it.

Also, I'm not sure if we (I'm in BC) will get emails...if they're being generated by the US Postal Service, we might not get one.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:35 pm

My box arrived (in the USA) today. I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, the fulfillment of the LL KS or the start of the NE KS Tuesday, Nov. 20.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 pm

johntfs wrote:My box arrived (in the USA) today. I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, the fulfillment of the LL KS or the start of the NE KS Tuesday, Nov. 20.

It's been postponed to Nov 28.

But I know which one _I_ am more excited about...for reasons. :lol:
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:39 am

TorgHacker wrote:

Canada Post's strike is currently rotating, so as long as they continue that you might have a couple of days delay, but that should be it.

Also, I'm not sure if we (I'm in BC) will get emails...if they're being generated by the US Postal Service, we might not get one.

Sadly this is now a thing Stop sending mail and parcels, Canada Post asks foreign services.

So it'll get here when it gets here :( Ah well, stuff happens.

Taliesin

Postby Taliesin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:27 am

fougerec wrote:Sadly this is now a thing Stop sending mail and parcels, Canada Post asks foreign services.

So it'll get here when it gets here Ah well, stuff happens.

Coming from a country where strikes are a recurring inevitability, I do sympathize :( . Maybe you'll find some comfort in knowing that your Destiny map conversion notes are doing wonders for the preparation of our game sessions. Thank you!

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:26 am

fougerec wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

Sadly this is now a thing Stop sending mail and parcels, Canada Post asks foreign services.

How far away from the US border do you live? You might consider renting a P.O. Box if you get a lot of shipments/parcels/etc and just drive down to pick them up.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:35 am

fougerec wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

Well that stinks. :(
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:27 pm

The Canada Post thing really sucks. Mine is apparently coming through FedEx, though, not he USPS, so if the shipping company is using private services, maybe they're already using something else for Canada. I mean, I'll admit, I didn't know this was happening, but presumably a shipping company is paying more attention to that sort of thing. On the other hand, as far as I can tell my notice came directly from the shipper - "tracking at shipstation dot com", not from FedEx. (It also has a rather disturbing part where it says, "This shipment includes the following items:" followed by a completely blank table. But I'm going to assume they didn't send me an empty package, because that would be super weird.)

I hope CP can get things sorted out soon, though! I find it baffling that we have all these things we consider "essential services," but our answer is never to make it a good idea for people to actually do it. I strongly suspect that treating them well and paying them well would work a lot better to maintain that essential service than just declaring the strike illegal (which sounds to be on the table), or even grudgingly giving in to treat them as little-better-as-possible-to-get-them-back-to-work. Sadly, this remains purely theoretical. I don't think it's ever been tried.

Anyway! On a more cheerful note - I was more excited about the Nile Kickstarter during the Core Kickstarter, so I'm afraid the Living Land never had a chance with me. I mean, I am excited to be getting it, but it was never going to beat even a small step forward towards the Nile.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”