Nile Empire Kickstarter

utsukushi

Re: Nile Empire Kickstarter

Postby utsukushi » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Ooh! Thank you!

Um, Deanna, do you have edit access on the posts?

When your team is ready, this book of adventure will take you on a journey throughout the region to stop Mobius’ nefarious plot! Can you find a weakness to his ultimate war-machine before it's campaign of terror destroys all resistance in the region?

I'm willing to take their word that "it" is the ultimate war machine's preferred pronoun, but that is not the kind of its that should have an apostrophe. (Yes, my Pulp Power is Super Nitpicking! It's not very useful for stopping bad guys, but I can tell them everything that was wrong with their diabolical plan.)

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:42 pm

johntfs wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
johntfs wrote:
Is it the 28th or the 27th? I ask because these things usually start on Tuesdays, from what I've seen (perhaps because that's when new books tend to be released).

28th.

I don't know why it's the Wednesday.

Maybe due to the Thanksgiving/Black Friday holiday?

No, that's this week.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 pm

utsukushi wrote:Ooh! Thank you!

Um, Deanna, do you have edit access on the posts?

When your team is ready, this book of adventure will take you on a journey throughout the region to stop Mobius’ nefarious plot! Can you find a weakness to his ultimate war-machine before it's campaign of terror destroys all resistance in the region?

I'm willing to take their word that "it" is the ultimate war machine's preferred pronoun, but that is not the kind of its that should have an apostrophe. (Yes, my Pulp Power is Super Nitpicking! It's not very useful for stopping bad guys, but I can tell them everything that was wrong with their diabolical plan.)

I've got the Super Nitpicking Power too. I went for the "Pedantic Minutia" Enhancement as well, but am really regretting paying for it with a Limitation which makes me Very Stymied while composing, or proofreading, my own verbiage. *sigh*
Glitchfinder General

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Wotan wrote:I've got the Super Nitpicking Power too. I went for the "Pedantic Minutia" Enhancement as well, but am really regretting paying for it with a Limitation which makes me Very Stymied while composing, or proofreading, my own verbiage. *sigh*

Psssst...

"Everybody has that Limitation."

:-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Wotan

Postby Wotan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:05 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Psssst...

"Everybody has that Limitation."

:-)

True story. I once let a typo slip through into a covering email, applying for a proofreading job. Despite reading through that £$%^&* several times the mistake only leapt out at me about 30 seconds after hitting "send". Needless to say, I didn't get the job. *head-desk*
Glitchfinder General

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:28 pm

There is a trick to that of course. Read the text out loud, or read it out loud and record it then play it back. The act of listening to the words and speaking them makes you concentrate more on it and you pick up more errors.
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Or reading it backwards is supposed to help you look at the words without losing them in the context, but that doesn't work very well for me.

I once let a typo slip through into a covering email, applying for a proofreading job.

I once pointed out a typo in the description for a job I was applying for - it was actually for an A/R position, but I thought it would highlight my `attention to detail'. The hiring manager loved it, but the manager I would have actually been working under thought it was cheeky, so... it got me in for an interview, but lost me the job.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:40 pm

So the Real question for the Nile Empire is, What is Mobius going to name his Flagship Zeppelin Aircraft Carrier?!?

I'm hoping for something Egyptian themed and super pulpy! :D

fougerec

Postby fougerec » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:57 pm

I love the cover of the Nile book! I need that as wallpaper!!

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:35 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:So the Real question for the Nile Empire is, What is Mobius going to name his Flagship Zeppelin Aircraft Carrier?!?

I'm hoping for something Egyptian themed and super pulpy! :D

How about the Mandjet?

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”