Moving and Attacking

Sir Awesome

Moving and Attacking

Postby Sir Awesome » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am

Can you move between a multi action melee attack?

if yes would the move be added to my multi action penalty?

for example:
I want to multi action to attack 3 targets that are each 5 meters from the last. I attack the first guy, move, attack the 2nd guy, move, and attack the 3rd guy. Would my penalty be -4 or -8

TorgHacker

Re: Moving and Attacking

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am

Sir Awesome wrote:Can you move between a multi action melee attack?

if yes would the move be added to my multi action penalty?

for example:
I want to multi action to attack 3 targets that are each 5 meters from the last. I attack the first guy, move, attack the 2nd guy, move, and attack the 3rd guy. Would my penalty be -4 or -8

You mean Multi-Targeting I'm assuming, but it works in either case. Yes. However, you become Vulnerable upon leaving the first one. Withdrawing from melee still applies.

Your move doesn't count as an action, so your penalty is -4.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:26 pm

It's worth pointing out that if your move is more than your Dexterity in meters, then you suffer another -2.

So if your Dexterity is 10 or higher, then it would be just -4 to hit all three guys. If your Dexterity is less than 10, then you have to run to do it, so you suffer -6.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Kuildeous wrote:It's worth pointing out that if your move is more than your Dexterity in meters, then you suffer another -2.

So if your Dexterity is 10 or higher, then it would be just -4 to hit all three guys. If your Dexterity is less than 10, then you have to run to do it, so you suffer -6.

Good point.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 pm

And if I want to get really pedantic (oh, but I do), then if your Dexterity is less than 4, you cannot reach all three guys even with a run.

But if your Dexterity is less than 4, then bro do you even Storm Knight?
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:05 pm

And for further ped-antics, if you drop each of the first two opponents, then you don't have to disengage, and thus never become Vulnerable.

Atama

Postby Atama » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Kuildeous wrote:And if I want to get really pedantic (oh, but I do), then if your Dexterity is less than 4, you cannot reach all three guys even with a run.

But if your Dexterity is less than 4, then bro do you even Storm Knight?

If your Dexterity is less than 4, you seriously need to get on Delphi Council desk duty. Or, I dunno, mop their floors at night.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:43 am

I know we're just having fun, but I don't think it's possible to have an Attribute less than 5 anyway? I guess some Threats do, so someday this might be an issue for the odd Possibility Rated Gelatinous Cube that Transforms to Pan-Pacifica and dreams of being a ninja, but that's feeling a little edge-casey to me. Even for us. ;)

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:28 pm

utsukushi wrote:I know we're just having fun, but I don't think it's possible to have an Attribute less than 5 anyway? I guess some Threats do, so someday this might be an issue for the odd Possibility Rated Gelatinous Cube that Transforms to Pan-Pacifica and dreams of being a ninja, but that's feeling a little edge-casey to me. Even for us. ;)

You lose an attribute with a standard defeat test result but it can’t drop an attribute below 5.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:39 pm

I suppose an Animal Companion: Sloth might have a Dex below 5.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”