Page 1 of 2

Moving and Attacking

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am
by Sir Awesome
Can you move between a multi action melee attack?

if yes would the move be added to my multi action penalty?

for example:
I want to multi action to attack 3 targets that are each 5 meters from the last. I attack the first guy, move, attack the 2nd guy, move, and attack the 3rd guy. Would my penalty be -4 or -8

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:53 am
by TorgHacker
Sir Awesome wrote:Can you move between a multi action melee attack?

if yes would the move be added to my multi action penalty?

for example:
I want to multi action to attack 3 targets that are each 5 meters from the last. I attack the first guy, move, attack the 2nd guy, move, and attack the 3rd guy. Would my penalty be -4 or -8


You mean Multi-Targeting I'm assuming, but it works in either case. Yes. However, you become Vulnerable upon leaving the first one. Withdrawing from melee still applies.

Your move doesn't count as an action, so your penalty is -4.

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:26 pm
by Kuildeous
It's worth pointing out that if your move is more than your Dexterity in meters, then you suffer another -2.

So if your Dexterity is 10 or higher, then it would be just -4 to hit all three guys. If your Dexterity is less than 10, then you have to run to do it, so you suffer -6.

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:39 pm
by TorgHacker
Kuildeous wrote:It's worth pointing out that if your move is more than your Dexterity in meters, then you suffer another -2.

So if your Dexterity is 10 or higher, then it would be just -4 to hit all three guys. If your Dexterity is less than 10, then you have to run to do it, so you suffer -6.


Good point.

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 pm
by Kuildeous
And if I want to get really pedantic (oh, but I do), then if your Dexterity is less than 4, you cannot reach all three guys even with a run.

But if your Dexterity is less than 4, then bro do you even Storm Knight?

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:05 pm
by Savioronedge
And for further ped-antics, if you drop each of the first two opponents, then you don't have to disengage, and thus never become Vulnerable.

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:35 pm
by Atama
Kuildeous wrote:And if I want to get really pedantic (oh, but I do), then if your Dexterity is less than 4, you cannot reach all three guys even with a run.

But if your Dexterity is less than 4, then bro do you even Storm Knight?

If your Dexterity is less than 4, you seriously need to get on Delphi Council desk duty. Or, I dunno, mop their floors at night.

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:43 am
by utsukushi
I know we're just having fun, but I don't think it's possible to have an Attribute less than 5 anyway? I guess some Threats do, so someday this might be an issue for the odd Possibility Rated Gelatinous Cube that Transforms to Pan-Pacifica and dreams of being a ninja, but that's feeling a little edge-casey to me. Even for us. ;)

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:28 pm
by Atama
utsukushi wrote:I know we're just having fun, but I don't think it's possible to have an Attribute less than 5 anyway? I guess some Threats do, so someday this might be an issue for the odd Possibility Rated Gelatinous Cube that Transforms to Pan-Pacifica and dreams of being a ninja, but that's feeling a little edge-casey to me. Even for us. ;)

You lose an attribute with a standard defeat test result but it can’t drop an attribute below 5.

Re: Moving and Attacking

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:39 pm
by Savioronedge
I suppose an Animal Companion: Sloth might have a Dex below 5.