Aysle Preview #1 - One Year Later...

Gargoyle

Re: Aysle Preview #1 - One Year Later...

Postby Gargoyle » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:30 am

Spatula wrote:Delving means to go into a thing to search for a different thing. Not sure how that applies to spell research, unless we’re talking about searching for variant or new spells within the body of existing magical knowledge.

I, too, am very curious about the legends...

I think the Law of Delving name is very clever, personally. :) If you think about it, you're delving into the mysteries of magic. It's a play on words because of the significance of underground locations, dungeons, seeker tunnels, etc in Aysle. And it's minor world law I think because of the significance of such research on the overall war. If I delve into necromancy and find a way to make a better skeleton soldier, the High Lord's get access to that too and I might find myself fighting a legion of them. I can see adventure hooks based on stopping dangerous research or dealing with ramifications of new discoveries.
"That old chestnut?"

Gargoyle

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:48 am

utsukushi wrote:I've been seriously wrestling with the thought of getting the Archetype level just *once*, and trying to decide, if I can actually do that, if I'd rather it be for the CyberPapacy or Orrorsh.

So, um, Deanna... in regards to the Comments on the actual post, what if we're not expecting something like what was in the original Aysle sourcebook? I totally get that that brilliant insanity was pretty much the opposite of Eternity's whole design. But granting that, are there some kind of spell design rules? Will that question possibly be featured in a later Preview?

The form those are going to take are still under development, so we don't want to give any details about it yet.

Love, love, love the Law of Legends! Can you tell us what the (R)s and (A)s are? I was trying to make sense of that just based on what kinds of steps they were, like maybe some had to happen inside Aysle and some didn't or something, but the best I could get was, "This is how a dinosaur would say it," and that's probably not it. (Although it totally is. RRARRAA!)

(R)equirement and (A)dversity.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:07 pm

Are "Quest Perks" something you just get upon completion, or will you have to pay XP for them?
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:33 pm

pkitty wrote:Are "Quest Perks" something you just get upon completion, or will you have to pay XP for them?

You'll have to pay XP. Just gives you the access.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:08 pm

TorgHacker wrote:[
The form those are going to take are still under development, so we don't want to give any details about it yet.

But if you told us now, we could all tell you everything you're doing wrong and...

...does this not sound fun to you? Oh. Huh. ;)

Seriously, excited to see what you guys do come up with! Thank you for the answer!

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 pm

I was the person who posted in the “Comments” that Utsukushi referred to. Without involving them, I would like to thank Utsukushi for teasing out more of a reply than I received. When I posted, I was well aware of the stance towards the old spell creation system. The fact that it wasn’t going to be returning in Torg Eternity has been stated numerous times over the last couple of years. (It’s also a system I have never advocated for or felt should be kept.)

So I was surprised to read the Law of Delving, and I don’t feel it was unreasonable to ask.

I’ll stop there. Thanks.

Edit: When I write, “...I don’t feel it was unreasonable to ask...”, I’m referring to my comment on the Blog. I’m not asking for information that they’re unprepared to give.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Jim wrote:I was the person who posted in the “Comments” that Utsukushi referred to. Without involving them, I would like to thank Utsukushi for teasing out more of a reply than I received. When I posted, I was well aware of the stance towards the old spell creation system. The fact that it wasn’t going to be returning in Torg Eternity has been stated numerous times over the last couple of years. (It’s also a system I have never advocated for or felt should be kept.)

So I was surprised to read the Law of Delving, and I don’t feel it was unreasonable to ask.

I’ll stop there. Thanks.

Edit: When I write, “...I don’t feel it was unreasonable to ask...”, I’m referring to my comment on the Blog. I’m not asking for information that they’re unprepared to give.

Not at all.

To give you some context, I wasn't entirely sure at that point in time what details we were prepared to reveal on that, but the thing I very much wanted to prevent was any unrealistic expectations on what it entails. TBH, the comments section on our webpage is not the best place for discussions.

I also cannot make any assumptions on what someone who is commenting on the webpage knows. There are still people who are completely surprised that Torg has returned at all. However, here, I know the context that everybody is (or at least should) be working with.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:03 pm

I thought that we were getting a new preview today?

Greymarch2000

Postby Greymarch2000 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:22 pm

I was hoping for more on the Stalenger uprising myself

Kuildeous

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I thought that we were getting a new preview today?

Today's preview is that Uthorion is actually 12 keefee stuffed in a suit of plate mail.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”