Where can I use Pulp Powers and Ki Powers?

HappyDaze

Where can I use Pulp Powers and Ki Powers?

Postby HappyDaze » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 am

Can Pulp Powers be used outside of the Nile (and Wonders in Living Land) zones? If so, do they cause Contradictions everywhere else regardless of Axioms?

Can Ki Powers be used outside of Pan-Pacifica zones? If so, do they cause Contradictions everywhere else regardless of Axioms?

Count Thalim

Re: Where can I use Pulp Powers and Ki Powers?

Postby Count Thalim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:05 am

As far I understand the rules any powers can be used anywhere but Pulp & Ki powers are a contradiction outside their home cosm (And LL Wonders for Pulp)

Neither of these are tied to axioms in the same manner as Spells, Miracles & Psionics so there is no way of a non-native reality supporting them.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

FrankG

Postby FrankG » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:13 am

They can be used but are Contradictions. The Reality Mechanics here are that these abilities are made possible by the World Laws of Nile Empire and Pan Pacifica and are not tied directly to Axioms.

As you pointed out, one caveat is that weird science devices of the Nile Empire function without contradiction in a Wonder due to the Law of Wonders in the Living Land. I read this to mean that a character with Pulp Powers NOT provided by a weird science device would be a contradiction.
Check out my new adventure: The Cape May Tribe - A three act adventure set in The Living Land

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:18 am

FrankG wrote:They can be used but are Contradictions. The Reality Mechanics here are that these abilities are made possible by the World Laws of Nile Empire and Pan Pacifica and are not tied directly to Axioms.

As you pointed out, one caveat is that weird science devices of the Nile Empire function without contradiction in a Wonder due to the Law of Wonders in the Living Land. I read this to mean that a character with Pulp Powers NOT provided by a weird science device would be a contradiction.

All correct.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Atama

Postby Atama » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:20 pm

One tip is that when you’re reading the description of a Perk, if there is a star symbol next to the word “Prereq:” then it is a Contradiction outside of its home cosm. All of the Ki Powers have a star next to the Prereq line, as do all of the Pulp Powers.

If a Perk description has a normal bullet point (just a circle) next to the Prereq line, it does not cause Contradictions outside of its home cosm.

This is explained on page 84 of the Core Rules:

“Perks with this symbol are dependent on their cosm’s World Laws and can cause Contradictions outside that cosm.”
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”