Cosm Adaptation

Sir Awesome

Cosm Adaptation

Postby Sir Awesome » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:04 am

The discussion came up in our game last time about how Cosm Adaptation works btwn 1 case and 4 case.

It is my groups opinion that just because it allows you to take perks from another cosm it doesn't mean that you are from that cosm, which will turn you into a 4 case most of the time.

Meaning:

I am a core earth, and I take cosm adaptation for pulp powers. I can now fly, but seeing as how I am not from the nile I am a 4 case everywhere but the nile.

Thoughts?

Count Thalim

Re: Cosm Adaptation

Postby Count Thalim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 am

My interpretation of the rule is that you adapted your personal reality to incorporate them. Which would mean they would become 1 case contradiction at most.

So I am Core Earth and take Cosm Adaption for pulp power: Flight. My personal reality is now unique so when I fly I am a 1 case contradiction everywhere but the Nile Empire, including my home cosm of CE.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:21 am

I concur

Sunrunner

Postby Sunrunner » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:28 am

I really feel like if Cosm Adaptation changed your personal reality as it were so you were a 1 case in CE with pulp powers they would have stated that in the power. Adaptable which is in the core rule book address this problem specifically and sets the precedent that they have thought of it as they addressed it specifically in another perk. It leads me to believe that yes taking cosm adaptation makes you a 4 case anywhere but the cosm you adapted too. I will also say since your a Core Earth with access to the reality perks if you want to play with this stuff you pick up Realm Runner and its up grade Realm Dancer so that your not that worried about being a 4 Case.

All that being said, a clarification on intent from Torghacker would be great!

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:55 pm

I haven't looked at the Beta stuff yet. What are the prerequisites for Cosm Adaptation?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Cosm Adaptation doesn't affect anything with regards to contradictions. So if you're in the reality those Perks are from, it's a 1-case. If you're not, it's a 4-case.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Savioronedge wrote:I haven't looked at the Beta stuff yet. What are the prerequisites for Cosm Adaptation?

Realm Runner + Beta Clearance, or Gamma Clearance.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

HappyDaze

Postby HappyDaze » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:18 pm

TorgHacker wrote:
Savioronedge wrote:I haven't looked at the Beta stuff yet. What are the prerequisites for Cosm Adaptation?

I'm new here. Where is this "Beta stuff" mentioned (other than Beta Clearance at 50+ earned XP), and where can I get the information on Gamma Clearance?

Atama

Postby Atama » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:32 pm

HappyDaze wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

I'm new here. Where is this "Beta stuff" mentioned (other than Beta Clearance at 50+ earned XP), and where can I get the information on Gamma Clearance?

There is a book called Beta Clearance Player’s Primer with new Perks and info about higher clearance levels. It also has new gear and some info on the Delta Council.

Gamma Clearance requires 200+ XP and Delta Clearance requires 500+ XP.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

HappyDaze

Postby HappyDaze » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Atama wrote:
HappyDaze wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:

There is a book called Beta Clearance Player’s Primer with new Perks and info about higher clearance levels. It also has new gear and some info on the Delta Council.

Gamma Clearance requires 200+ XP and Delta Clearance requires 500+ XP.

Where can I find this product?

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”