Cosm Adaptation

Savioronedge

Re: Cosm Adaptation

Postby Savioronedge » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 am

TorgHacker wrote:
Savioronedge wrote:I haven't looked at the Beta stuff yet. What are the prerequisites for Cosm Adaptation?

Realm Runner + Beta Clearance, or Gamma Clearance.

So, the SK who takes this perk, for "Flight" say, can ignore the first time they disconnect each act, mitigating the 4 Case factor. And if they also take Adaptable, then it isn't a contradiction at all in the Nile or Wonders.

Sunrunner

Postby Sunrunner » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:22 am

Sadly the Beta Primer was a Living Lands kick starter reward. As far as I know if you did not score it in the LL kickstarter you cant get it right now. They have mentioned that it was a preview of things to come and it will eventually get an official release and or its content will just filter into new products as they are released.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:26 am

Savioronedge wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:
Savioronedge wrote:I haven't looked at the Beta stuff yet. What are the prerequisites for Cosm Adaptation?

Realm Runner + Beta Clearance, or Gamma Clearance.

So, the SK who takes this perk, for "Flight" say, can ignore the first time they disconnect each act, mitigating the 4 Case factor. And if they also take Adaptable, then it isn't a contradiction at all in the Nile or Wonders.

If they're a Core Earther who has Realm Runner.

It doesn't apply to Storm Knights who just have the Gamma Clearance prereq.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:05 pm

TorgHacker wrote:If they're a Core Earther who has Realm Runner.

It doesn't apply to Storm Knights who just have the Gamma Clearance prereq.

Could a non-CE Stormed at Gamma use this to take Realm Runner?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:15 pm

If they chose the Reality category, yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

coyotegrey

Postby coyotegrey » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Savioronedge wrote:So, the SK who takes this perk, for "Flight" say, can ignore the first time they disconnect each act, mitigating the 4 Case factor. And if they also take Adaptable, then it isn't a contradiction at all in the Nile or Wonders.

That's neat. Expensive, but neat. Sorta like a mixed cosm Core Earther. Can you take the Cosm Adapatation multiple times and adapt Reality + other stuff if you are not a Core Earth character?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:13 pm

coyotegrey wrote:
Savioronedge wrote:So, the SK who takes this perk, for "Flight" say, can ignore the first time they disconnect each act, mitigating the 4 Case factor. And if they also take Adaptable, then it isn't a contradiction at all in the Nile or Wonders.

That's neat. Expensive, but neat. Sorta like a mixed cosm Core Earther. Can you take the Cosm Adapatation multiple times and adapt Reality + other stuff if you are not a Core Earth character?

No. Like almost all Perks, you can only select this once.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Hmm, the Pulp Powers cosm adaptation suddenly looking not so great for picking up a power-boost via Super-Attribute... Unless that Attribute was Strength, I suppose.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Sunrunner wrote:Sadly the Beta Primer was a Living Lands kick starter reward. As far as I know if you did not score it in the LL kickstarter you cant get it right now. They have mentioned that it was a preview of things to come and it will eventually get an official release and or its content will just filter into new products as they are released.

This is now available on our webpage.

https://www.ulisses-us.com/beta-clearance-primers/
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

pkitty

Postby pkitty » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:04 pm

TorgHacker wrote:Cosm Adaptation doesn't affect anything with regards to contradictions. So if you're in the reality those Perks are from, it's a 1-case. If you're not, it's a 4-case.

I'm shocked* to hear that. It seems weirdly restrictive to have this perk (Cosm Adaptation) with such high requirements and narrow utility (just one group in one cosm), and then to say that on top of that, you basically can't even get the full benefit of "star" Perks.

If the design philosophy behind Torg Eternity was that acquiring perks from another cosm was a huge deal that should rarely happen, should be the culmination of many adventures, etc., I could see that. But recent ruling are that players can even start with perks from another cosm (they just have to have "I was transformed from that cosm" in their backstory), so it doesn't seem like that's the case.

----

* Not because it's written poorly; I apparently just read it wrong because I assumed it let the player purchase and use the Perk as a native. In other words, the writing is clear, but the effect seems underwhelming.
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”