Aysle Preview #3 - Perks

Staffan

Re: Aysle Preview #3 - Perks

Postby Staffan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am

Matthew Surridge wrote:IOn the other hand of the other hand, the Core Rulebook says that Aysle's Tech of 14 gives it access to "the scientific method," which so far as I know was fairly specific to Europe in the 17th century.

The scientific method should probably be a Social axiom thing rather than a Tech axiom thing.

I'm away from books at the moment, but the Law of Magic (or maybe one of the other world laws) in old Aysle basically said "What you see is what you have", which is pretty much the opposite of the scientific method.

Doomweber

Postby Doomweber » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:03 am

I'm happy to admit a wrong thought there with exclusivity to Outsider and the other two. While initially I was having a hard time visualizing it, you all have allowed me to get a grasp on it. A few other thoughts though...

The Law of Delving. It's just a name, and possibly a play with a double meaning. It's not the worst name out there in gaming and could turn out quite clever when we see the full rules. I don't mind it.

The class system, while not completely true to the historical European middle ages, could be argued to exist because of the rigid schooling in magic and the incredible advantages that that would create. Also, as a role playing setting, the idea of the lower classes being in a uprising as they learn of a more egalitarian world, even in the midst of war, is intriguing to me. I want to see how much the writers stress the underlaying tensions of the classes as they fight Uthorian and his armies.

coyotegrey

Postby coyotegrey » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:42 pm

I just want to say love everything so far. And...for a friend...hoping the baby drake can be taken by non-elves (and maybe non Aysle folks with cosm adaptation) without spending a boatload of experience points. :)

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

coyotegrey wrote:I just want to say love everything so far. And...for a friend...hoping the baby drake can be taken by non-elves (and maybe non Aysle folks with cosm adaptation) without spending a boatload of experience points. :)

From the RAW description it is locked to Elves period, Asyle or not, as you have to go Warden (Elf Pre-requisite) -> White Wolf -> Baby Drake.

Of course all it requires is a GM willing to bend the rules and accept a plausible reason your character go it during play and you are golden. (Or at least VERY heavily tanned during the training process...)
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Count Thalim wrote:
coyotegrey wrote:I just want to say love everything so far. And...for a friend...hoping the baby drake can be taken by non-elves (and maybe non Aysle folks with cosm adaptation) without spending a boatload of experience points. :)

From the RAW description it is locked to Elves period, Asyle or not, as you have to go Warden (Elf Pre-requisite) -> White Wolf -> Baby Drake.

Of course all it requires is a GM willing to bend the rules and accept a plausible reason your character go it during play and you are golden. (Or at least VERY heavily tanned during the training process...)

It is an Elf Perk, but Warden and White Wolf are not the pre-reqs.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Atama

Postby Atama » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:49 pm

It seems fair to be able to mix Outsider with Light or Dark. The Outsider Perks seem to be double-edged already so don’t need any additional down sides.
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek :D)

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:33 am

I'm really excited about the Heirloom Social Perk! It's such a staple of the genre. Frodo got the One Ring from Bilbo, Rand A'Thor got his Herron marked sword from his dad and well it's late and you get the idea lol

Count Thalim

Postby Count Thalim » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:23 am

TorgHacker wrote:It is an Elf Perk, but Warden and White Wolf are not the pre-reqs.

Ah, I misread the section above it that talks of an upgrade to the white wolf and thought it was a continuation of that perk line.
Per Sanguis Ad Astra

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:27 am

Count Thalim wrote:
TorgHacker wrote:It is an Elf Perk, but Warden and White Wolf are not the pre-reqs.

Ah, I misread the section above it that talks of an upgrade to the white wolf and thought it was a continuation of that perk line.

Ah.....yeah, that wasn't totally clear.

There IS an upgrade to the White Wolf Perk, but I don't detail it. But that's separate from the new tree that leads to Drake Rider. I just rewrote that to clarify.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

GeniusCodeMonkey

Postby GeniusCodeMonkey » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Random thought. Will there be different 'types' of magic? I.e. tattoos for permanency? Will there be the idea of impressed spells for spells that have a long cast time?
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”