Postby TorgHacker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Zackzenobi

Re: Aysle Preview #5 - Miracles

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:48 pm

I am very excited. This looks great!

Question, will characters from the Cyberpapacy be able to worship Aylish deities?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Zackzenobi wrote:I am very excited. This looks great!

Question, will characters from the Cyberpapacy be able to worship Aylish deities?

Yep.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Savioronedge

Postby Savioronedge » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:07 pm

I am enjoying all these updates. And while I know it's still in production, I am left with one, unanswerable at the moment I'm sure, question...

Where's the "Take my money" button?

:lol: :twisted:

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Lmao it's the first time I'm glad it's not there yet. I'm moving this week. It's only 2 miles away but I still need every dollar. It's always more worse than u planned for. But hopefully soon I'll be saving the Cosmverse on Saturdays again!

johntfs

Postby johntfs » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:51 am

Really any character from any cosm can worship any deity/philosophy from any other cosm. A person from Core Earth could follow the ways of Lanala (and probably some do). However, if they still had Core Earth's reality, they could still only use those miracles available under Core Earth's axioms.

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:58 am

Can a deity belong to only one pantheon, or can there be a deity who belongs to multiple pantheons and lets followers make a choise?
(For example, can there be Exemplars of Light(Shali) Cleric? Is Dark Elvish God Estar counted in both Exemplars of Darkness and Racial deities, or has he lost Elvish God status? How about dreaded Borl, the Giant Magic Goddess of Darkness?)

ryric

Postby ryric » Thu May 02, 2019 9:42 am

johntfs wrote:
Really any character from any cosm can worship any deity/philosophy from any other cosm. A person from Core Earth could follow the ways of Lanala (and probably some do). However, if they still had Core Earth's reality, they could still only use those miracles available under Core Earth's axioms.

My current PC was a de facto atheist, being from Pan Pacifica with its low spirit axiom he just never considered religion much. However, we have an optant of Lanala in our party, and my PC has been forced to admit that while he still believes that his home has no god(s), there is certainly evidence that they exist in many other realities. I mean, he's seen the avatar of Lanala in person at this point so it would be silly to claim she doesn't exist.

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 am

QuarrelBlue wrote:Can a deity belong to only one pantheon, or can there be a deity who belongs to multiple pantheons and lets followers make a choise?
(For example, can there be Exemplars of Light(Shali) Cleric? Is Dark Elvish God Estar counted in both Exemplars of Darkness and Racial deities, or has he lost Elvish God status? How about dreaded Borl, the Giant Magic Goddess of Darkness?)

We only go into specifics on the five "major" deities, but there are lots of other deities, and we leave it up to the GM on how to handle those.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu May 02, 2019 10:38 am

johntfs wrote:

Well, they can use other miracles...they're just contradictory. The specification that "Miracles selected shouldn’t exceed the Spirit Axiom of the character’s cosm—the power comes from the gods of his realm, not the invoker himself" in the Core Book is directed at the creation new lists for cosms.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”