Aysle Preview #6 - Threats

Postby TorgHacker » Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 am

Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

Kuildeous

Re: Aysle Preview #6 - Threats

Postby Kuildeous » Thu May 02, 2019 11:56 am

Powries sound like I could've used them in my Aysle adventure featuring redcaps.

Great Dragon is certainly a foe that isn't messing around. Should be able to breathe fire on the ranged combatants, Whirlwind the melee combatants, and cast whatever spell is useful all in one round with little regard to the penalties. Very impressive.

There's nothing for the lyche though. I feel so teased.
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land

Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Infiniverse Exchange template for MS Word users

Sword of Spirit

Postby Sword of Spirit » Thu May 02, 2019 12:37 pm

If dragons are creatures of concentrated Darkness, does this mean there aren't really good varieties? :(

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm

Kuildeous wrote:Powries sound like I could've used them in my Aysle adventure featuring redcaps.

Great Dragon is certainly a foe that isn't messing around. Should be able to breathe fire on the ranged combatants, Whirlwind the melee combatants, and cast whatever spell is useful all in one round with little regard to the penalties. Very impressive.

There's nothing for the lyche though. I feel so teased.

Whoops! Added. :-)
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

HappyDaze

Postby HappyDaze » Thu May 02, 2019 2:08 pm

The Great Dragon has Mind 18 and find 15. Is there a reason it has effectively -3 ranks in this skill? Is this an error?

TorgHacker

Postby TorgHacker » Thu May 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Yes.
Deanna Gilbert
Torg Eternity designer
Ulisses North America

agarrett

Postby agarrett » Thu May 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Also on the Great Dragon, its bite is Str+2 (36), but its strength is only (!) 25. Possible error...

utsukushi

Postby utsukushi » Thu May 02, 2019 3:25 pm

HappyDaze wrote:The Great Dragon has Mind 18 and find 15. Is there a reason it has effectively -3 ranks in this skill? Is this an error?

Could be a side-effect of Very Large - everyone trying to hide from a Great Dragon is so puny.

...have I mentioned my Ayslish sorceress is still trying to figure out why everyone in the Living Land freaks about about these off-brand draconids who can't fly, can't breathe fire, cast *zero* spells, and like, nine times in ten don't even overwhelm anyone with supernatural terror? "Oh, aye, this... T-rex sounds terrifying. Ye said its arms were *how* long, again? :roll: "

Of course, she hasn't actually met one yet.

Zackzenobi

Postby Zackzenobi » Fri May 03, 2019 7:49 am

Any chance of having good guy Dragons again? Personally I always loved how the Dragons were tied to the elemental forces. Seemed to make then distinctive from other settings

QuarrelBlue

Postby QuarrelBlue » Fri May 03, 2019 7:58 am

The Great Dragon looks quite Kaiju!

Sword of Spirit wrote:If dragons are creatures of concentrated Darkness, does this mean there aren't really good varieties? :(

Zackzenobi wrote:Any chance of having good guy Dragons again? Personally I always loved how the Dragons were tied to the elemental forces. Seemed to make then distinctive from other settings

I'm rather curious about the difference between Dragons and Drakes, since there is Elven DrakeRider Perk Tree.
(And the Carredon, often referred as "dragonlike" but not as true Dragon. Is it a more greater Dragon now, or a different kind of "creature of concentrated Darkness", or actually a Giant Reptilian Flying Orroshan Horror?)

And, does just one Perk(Necromancer, for this example) works as "a strong enough connection to Darkness", the prerequiste for Lyche?
(The text says lyches retain their minds, memories, and spells, but doesn't specifically say about thier pesonalities and moralities, so there may be a chance that unlike Mummies, all lyches become GameMaster Characters regardless of how many Darkness Perks they have, however.)

And again, does anyone know about beings called Cherybs? I've heard of Cherubs or Charybdis, but not Cherybs.

Return to “Rules Questions (TORG)”